Region 3107

MinYoongi

3 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Big growth again. I dont know if its a Delta yet? 

This was taken 3 hours ago, since then there's been growth in positive polarity areas (blue bits) but moving away slightly from negative polarity boundaries (yellow/orange bits). There's been some C flaring. Not there yet for delta. IMO

N.

Memo_20220927_084833_01-1.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

At this point I'd say it's starting to look more like a delta.

latest.gif

Not that much activity though, but a bunch of C-flares lately.

012e1d4cadb450098ce1e1617e1c81b3.png 

it looks like a delta with not much shear (thats more of a speculation since the colours are not deep and intense) to me.. but its not really flaring indicating its not a delta.. what do you say?

@Newbie 

6 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

012e1d4cadb450098ce1e1617e1c81b3.png 

it looks like a delta with not much shear (thats more of a speculation since the colours are not deep and intense) to me.. but its not really flaring indicating its not a delta.. what do you say?

@Newbie 

Hello Min it's not there yet. A Delta wannabe.

EDIT: By the way, Solen has called it Delta in last hour. There is not a lot activity from it. 

Memo_20220928_123407_01-1.jpgk

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Newbie said:

Hello Min it's not there yet. A Delta wannabe.

EDIT: By the way, Solen has called it Delta in last hour. There is not a lot activity from it. 

Memo_20220928_123407_01-1.jpgk

Yeah ive seen he called it Delta but you and @Philalethes Bythos said its not a delta also Solen only said M class flares are possbile.

but isnt delta a chance for x? 

6 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

To me it looks like its drifting apart. (comparing pictures from 2 hrs ago to now)

This region sure has drifted apart recently! It looked like at least a pretty clear beta-gamma yesterday with a possible delta in the making, (and noaa finally changed it to bg), but now it really only seems to be beta, with delta traces gone😢

16 hours ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

Yep, it seems to have simplified considerably. I wonder if it might have to do with decreasing influence from the spot next to it (3105), due to the differential rotation; just some speculation.

Hello PB I was just looking at the hmi intensitygram and the spots of the two regions have certainly separated. It does happen as spots traverse the disc due to differential rotation. Strangely, Solen has called 3105 BD! Unless the delta appeared and disappeared quickly I'm at a loss there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Hello PB I was just looking at the hmi intensitygram and the spots of the two regions have certainly separated. It does happen as spots traverse the disc due to differential rotation. Strangely, Solen has called 3105 BD! Unless the delta appeared and disappeared quickly I'm at a loss there.

Im just as confused as you are! :D