The Queen is Dead Long live the King!

WildWill

The Queen is dead, long live the King. The Queen is dead, god save the king., 

Prince Charles became King Charlie III when the Queen took her last breath.

My condolences go to the people’s of Great Britain and the Commonwealth. 

At 96 years, I wonder how many sunspots shined down upon her during her life or her reign. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WildWill said:

At 96 years, I wonder how many sunspots shined down upon her during her life or her reign. 

I know this is fresh, and I won't speak poorly of the dead.

However, I hope someday we will be beyond the point of kings and queens, and that nobility will fade into history. 

I know the current monarchy doesn't hold much, if any power, but the glory and fame put on a bloodline is something I wish we could move beyond. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Archmonoth said:

I know this is fresh, and I won't speak poorly of the dead.

However, I hope someday we will be beyond the point of kings and queens, and that nobility will fade into history. 

I know the current monarchy doesn't hold much, if any power, but the glory and fame put on a bloodline is something I wish we could move beyond. 

While I might agree with you on more, I do agree that this is not the time or the place to discuss such matters.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, WildWill said:

Queen Elizabeth II was born 21 April 1926, during Solar Cycle 16. She began her reign on February 2 1952. She died 8 September, 2022, during Solar Cycle 25. Counting the cycle she was born '16', she lived to see 10 Solar cycles. Her reign began during Solar Cycle 18 and continued to present, Solar Cycle 25, 8 Solar Cycles. Queen Elizabeth II's reign spanned all of spaceflight, predating both Sputnik and Explorer 1. 

She was greatly beloved and a respected leader on the global stage. Testament to her life are the many tributes that have freely flowed since the time of her passing.

Vale.

N.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/8/2022 at 7:14 PM, WildWill said:

Hi Wild Will,

Thanks for your kind thoughts. The Queen has given fantastic service. It seems incredible that she has been Queen for the whole of many people's lives. It is a measure of her commitment to the Country that she was still performing her duties a couple of days before her death. It will be very hard for King Charles III to follow that.

Fun fact - We are now entering the second Carolean era.

In terms of the number of sunspots during the Queen's life - my estimate would put it somewhere around 18,000, and during her reign - maybe 13,000

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I am not a conscious monarchist, nor an anti monarchist - more accepting that monarchy is what we have always had & interested in the history - but as the cortege was passing not far from us en-route to Edinburgh today, we went to pay our respects to a life well lived in dignity.

It was a surprisingly moving sight. 

Milnathort, Kinross-shire.

zzzzaIMG_6474.JPG

• Like 4