Coronal Holes are Winning

Drax Spacex

What are great weekend to live in the higher latitudes!  Some great photos and videos, particularly the spaceweatherlive YouTube stream - the next best thing to being there!  Transequatorial coronal hole CH20+ delivered the goods, as predicted by SWPC.

A quick review of the SWL archive year-to-date records that of all G2 or higher storms we've seen so far this year, 4 have been due to Coronal Holes and 2 have been from CMEs.

Coronal Holes are winning!

Edited by Drax Spacex
CH20+
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

What are great weekend live in the higher latitudes!  Some great photos and videos, particularly the spaceweatherlive YouTube stream - the next best thing to being there!  Transequatorial CH 20 delivered the goods, as predicted by SWPC.

A quick review of the SWL archive year-to-date records that of all G2 or higher storms we've seen so far this year, 4 have been due to Coronal Holes and 2 have been from CMEs.

Coronal Holes are winning!

They are for now but wait till sunspot activity ramps up. Still G2 + is pretty good for CH's. Need some G4+ action! To rock those lights down yonder. :)

N.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Yak said:

I am in Auckland, i need a KP9 or maybe a kp8

According to the SWL help section, only 8. And you can probably detect them photographically a level below that, I’ve found. 
If you could travel down to southern NZ, now that would make it a lot easier!