Latest news - old news

Go to solution Solved by Marcel de Bont,

Dear SpaceWeatherLive team

On the main page there is a place for the "Lates News". In these latest news I remarked there is always
old stuff shown. At the present there are some flares from April and Mai shown. Was June, July and August
that boring?

Did't we had in the past other bigger flares, interesting coronal holes, groundwaves, filaments etv. happened?
So why there is always many month old stuff shown als "latest news"? I do not understand this, so maybe
someone can tell me the reason?

Regards, Chris

Edited by Chris, HB9DFG

• Solution

Hello,

You are right, we haven't made any news articles in a while. It isn't that there hasn't been any activity of course, especially August was really exciting but we have been less active due to... well... real-life. SWL is and remains a hobby for us we do in our spare time. Should there be a very significant event we will do our utmost best to keep the news updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

SpaceWeatherLive is currently run by three people: Orneno as moderator on the forum; Marcel as forum admin, social media manager and news; and myself for keeping SWL online, develop, update and constantly improve the whole site and app and fix things that got broken, pay our bills and keep our finances up to date….

We all do this in our spare time, besides our main job, family time and other hobby’s. We have grown so much over the years that the amount of work into it grows equally and due to that some things that aren’t automated can sometimes be a bit less up to date unfortunately.

If we would find dedicated people who are willing to spend their free time voluntarily in SWL with knowledge of the subject can always apply 😊.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

SpaceWeatherLive is currently run by three people: Orneno as moderator on the forum; Marcel as forum admin, social media manager and news; and myself for keeping SWL online, develop, update and constantly improve the whole site and app and fix things that got broken, pay our bills and keep our finances up to date….

We all do this in our spare time, besides our main job, family time and other hobby’s. We have grown so much over the years that the amount of work into it grows equally and due to that some things that aren’t automated can sometimes be a bit less up to date unfortunately.

If we would find dedicated people who are willing to spend their free time voluntarily in SWL with knowledge of the subject can always apply 😊.

You all do amazing, thank you for maintaining this site!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1