Are those new sunspots dangerous ?

Welcome to the forum.

sunspot regions are a normal thing on the Sun and don’t cause any big dangers for your human life. Sunspot regions can cause solar flares but again, chances for a very strong one is very rare (once per cycle) and we’ve survived all previous big solar flares. 
what you read on the internet is likely blown up articles with the only meaning of scaring people, for clickbait and not really scientific proven. 
Just relax and enjoy space weather and don’t be afraid of it.

• Like 4

I didn't expect

an answers so quickly ! I've read what you have wrotte and i'm reassured, during a long time i was seeking answers, lot of articles talk about G5 and power grid then internet loss, but now i'm gonna follow your advise, thanks you 

Edited by Mogh, Lord of Blood
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mogh, Lord of Blood said:

I didn't expect

an answers so quickly ! I've read what you have wrotte and i'm reassured, during a long time i was seeking answers, lot of articles talk about G5 and power grid then internet loss, but now i'm gonna follow your advise, thanks you 

Not only is a G5 not dangerous (we’ve weathered them just fine, most recently back in 2003), there’s also next to no chance the sunspots you mentioned are going to unleash anything of that level. They’re not really remarkable at all, mostly small and weak. 

The only problem we’re having is that solar activity is so low there’s not much aurora to look for at the moment 😆

5 uren geleden, Mogh, Lord of Blood zei:

I didn't expect

Space weather is important for:

• satellite operators (because in space satellites are vulnerable to it, so satellite operators might take action before any storm to prevent damage to satellites),
  • oil pipe industries (geomagnetic storms can cause ground currents, due to that, pipe lines can get corroded so pipe lines are monitored more actively during strong storms),
  • electric grid companies (because of ground currents during geomagnetic storms, grid operators monitor the fluctuations so they can take action and precautions to prevent any grid issue, plus the electric grid is able to withstand a carrington event)
  • aurora enthousiasts (because space weather can cause geomagnetic storming which can lead to magnificent Aurora and is on many peoples bucket list)
  • astronomers (because looking and studying our mysterious sun is worth it)

so space weather has some effects, but humans are smart enough to learn from all events from the past and improve the systems so they get more robust. 

the odds that there is an electrical issue in your place is a lot more likely to happen during road works, accidents or lightning strike ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1