Hi everybody

Jeanclaudevantrans

Well hello to you too!

I meant in the forums as a whole/in general, not specifically here.

Or was that and auto generated message from a bot?

If so the use of a profile pic is very convincing. 

Also, why would such an important and developing arm of science be simply pigeon holed into an "other" section and not be deserving of its own heliobiology section?

4 hours ago, Jeanclaudevantrans said:

Or was that and auto generated message from a bot?

No, that’s me. 

4 hours ago, Jeanclaudevantrans said:

Also, why would such an important and developing arm of science be simply pigeon holed into an "other" section and not be deserving of its own heliobiology section?

It’s not “Solar activity”, that means flares, CMEs, and the like, nor is it “geomagnetic activity” because it’s not geomagnetic activity. 
It goes in the other because it’s space weather related but not part of the above two categories, and it doesn’t need its own forum because A: it’s not accepted science or particularly verified beyond anecdotal accounts, and B: this is not a heliobiology forum, this is a solar activity and geomagnetism forum, primarily. 

I see the use of organizing current info from our sensors and discussion about them from our personal biological sensory effects.. however,

I definitely use this forum to gauge how excited or confused people on here get when current space weather activity picks up... and how jelly I get not getting to see the aurora!  I guess what I'm saying is for those that live at lower latitudes might use this forum more to investigate what responses from solar activity we can observe or experience without a light show.

I just see a positive or excited response from solar activity to see the aurora as valuable as the negative responses from people experiencing solar activity in different ways. Just like when solar wind data gets confusing or a satellite goes out.

Not trying to be snarky, just throwing some appreciation and perspective in both directions. I appreciate how organized the topics have managed to be on this forum and are great for going back and finding all of the articles and discussions shared. It would be really hard to find these discussions enbedded within current activity and make it hard to analyze after the fact.

I also really appreciate hearing about peoples experiences while geomagnetic events are happening. I notice things go quiet as people probably are out looking at the aurora if they have that chance instead of reporting on how they feel! I appreciate all who bother to share their experiences when its happening as its probably hard to do or distracting at that time (I assume).

Edit** I guess a suggestion would be to make another Heliobiology II topic under "other" if the old one is getting too big or long to read or follow anymore. Lots of good stuff already there but I agree, I don't think any of us are experts on the topic as it is too new. I noticed things can get a little heated when discussing personal experiences with emotions, pain, sensations and what current activity and literature we have on the topic available, as to be expected. Despite the heat, I find those that ask critical scientific questions help enhance my understanding of what I am observing or seeing. Nonetheless, I hope that doesn't deter folks from participating in sharing their experiences even if we can't fully understand it!

Cheers to using all our senses, sensors and sensibility to share the activity our sun brings!

Edited by Bry

This is how it affects me.  I have a large implant that holds up the left side of my brain.  So when the waves get here and its like white on the schumanns, that makes me dizzy and off balance.  Sometimes I have to go inside or just stay inside.  Then once it goes back into the green and the initial hit is over, I get extreme pain in my back.  These are the 2 main symptoms that have to do with this and my head.  Mate states the same thing and he has no implants nor metals other than what he has ingested over the years.

17 hours ago, Lilred said:

This is how it affects me.  I have a large implant that holds up the left side of my brain.  So when the waves get here and its like white on the schumanns, that makes me dizzy and off balance.  Sometimes I have to go inside or just stay inside.  Then once it goes back into the green and the initial hit is over, I get extreme pain in my back.  These are the 2 main symptoms that have to do with this and my head.  Mate states the same thing and he has no implants nor metals other than what he has ingested over the years.

Thanks for sharing. Brain implants sound super real with space weather going on. Crazy your mate experiences the same thing with no implant. Makes me wonder how covid or other blood or head-related illnesses going around might be impacting peoples health symptoms during space weather who live together. I would take a look at your plumbing for lead or any other conductive source in your water or food supply if you think ingesting metals might be a factor. I find it crazy that doctors don't know more or offer help with the effects of space weather with conductive implants and procedures/methods to help shield patients during these times.   

On a sad note and somewhat related, I just found out today that someone I worked for died on the 11th of this month from cardiac arrest, and I got the worst nosebleed of my life that day inexplicably. There was geomagnetic activity that day from prior M flares earlier that week. I have been wondering how covid and geomagnetic storms might be combining to affect peoples blood regulation more so than normal.  I can only hope that knowing and warning people about health risks during solar weather ahead of time can prevent the worst from happening. Best of health and resilience to all during these crazy times.