Region 3055

MinYoongi

Region 3055 is growing really fast.

According to Noaa it has weak deltas.. i cant find them. can someone encircle them for me somehow? I want to watch them for growth 🙂 

for clarification : I do see polaritys mixing in the middle of the region but i dont see the magnetic deltas noaa is speaking off

"

Moderate growth was observed in the
intermediate and leader spots of Region 3055 (S17E26, Eki/beta) with
possible weak deltas in its magnetic configuration."

18 minutes ago, mozy said:

Yeah there are no deltas atm

Thank you. Are there areas that look promising for Delta development?

I really dislike noaa saying such things when no Delta's have been present. I even went back to the time  the forecast was issued.

Edited by MinYoongi

6 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Good morning from Germany ^_^

How did the region evolve overnight? I dont see much of a change, maybe more mixing in the middle? To me, no deltas as of yet, right?

I don’t see any deltas, but it’s looking good, it’s grown and maybe mixed some more. I hope for more good fireworks from this AR today. 

On 7/11/2022 at 4:44 PM, Orneno said:

I don’t see any deltas, but it’s looking good, it’s grown and maybe mixed some more. I hope for more good fireworks from this AR today. 

It has grown more :)! hows the magnetic layout looking?

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

It has grown more :)! hows the magnetic layout looking?

Actually, it has shrunk slightly during the day, but still a good size (860). Looking at the synoptic map it seems that the negative spot has settled about as far as it possibly could from the boundary, so unless things change not much chance of a delta.☹️

synoptic-map_jul12_08-19(cropped).jpg.b3ede4f7170d0153c71ba574a5bb7a92.jpg

To my newbie eye, it appears both 3052, 3055 $ 3056 are being “sheered” apart by the differential rotation rates. I’ve noticed that a lot of the time, we see the spots grow large, but fade a bit. It’s like the umbra shrinks and the penumbra grows. In previous observations, when this starts to happen, it appears larger, but less intense visually, then it all fades more… 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Orneno said:

I don’t see a delta. Doubt it could hafw developed over an hour…

Besides, my last SDO imagery is from 16:45 (Magnetic map) how can it change from 18-19 then? do you have newer pics? 

Well thats weird but ty!

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Noaa yes, but im talking about ASSA from Nasa.Spot_Mag_2022071510.png

Thats kinda strange, the region 0002 is labeled BGD, but 3055 is listed as beta… 

I wonder what exactly they mean here. Is the 0002 NASA data and 3055 NOAA data? 

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Noaa yes, but im talking about ASSA from Nasa.Spot_Mag_2022071510.png

So it comes down to which is more credible - Automated Software, or Human experts?

Note: the software comes with a big caveat....

"This software was developed at the Korean Space Weather Center of the Radio Research Agency by SELab, Inc. This software is a freeware. It is an experimental system and RRA assumes no responsibility whatsover for its use by other parties, and make no guarantees."

5 minutes ago, 3gMike said:

So it comes down to which is more credible - Automated Software, or Human experts?

Note: the software comes with a big caveat....

"This software was developed at the Korean Space Weather Center of the Radio Research Agency by SELab, Inc. This software is a freeware. It is an experimental system and RRA assumes no responsibility whatsover for its use by other parties, and make no guarantees."

I never wanted to say its better than humans. I'm rather just thinking about what could make the software think theres a delta, thats all :) 

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I never wanted to say its better than humans. I'm rather just thinking about what could make the software think theres a delta, thats all :) 

Yes, that is a fair question. It is interesting to note that the software has come up with a higher complexity for all spots, including the one that is only just visible on the east limb (southern hemisphere). To make a fair assessment you would need to make comparison over a longer time period.

I'm not sure what the update rate might be, but software could potentially offer the advantage of a more frequent update rate. I'm a bit puzzled about the labelling which says at the bottom SRS Issue date Jul15 00:30UTC, then at the top refers to HMI Magnetogram at Jul15 10:00 UTC !! 

Op 15/7/2022 om 16:11, 3gMike zei:

I’d still go with manual mode for determining the magnetic complexity 😉 I don’t believe there’s a good automated software (maybe AI driven) that can do it correctly. ASSA seems a nice try, good for not that complex regions (because it’s easy to see if it’s alpha or beta or beta-gamma), for deltas the software has to do a lot more and that’s where most fails in my opinion. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

I’d still go with manual mode for determining the magnetic complexity 😉 I don’t believe there’s a good automated software (maybe AI driven) that can do it correctly. ASSA seems a nice try, good for not that complex regions (because it’s easy to see if it’s alpha or beta or beta-gamma), for deltas the software has to do a lot more and that’s where most fails in my opinion. 

And sadly, those deltas are also the cases where we’re most interested in fast and accurate classifications 😅😂