Server maintenance Saturday- small downtime expected

Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

7 uren geleden, farm24 zei:

I just did some looking and I guess I can’t host my own website due to spectrum Wi-Fi’s stupid rules 

To host your own website you’ll need a  hosting server ;). Either go for a small hosting package as a start or your own server if your up against that. Nobody said it’s easy to start a website ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

To host your own website you’ll need a  hosting server ;). Either go for a small hosting package as a start or your own server if your up against that. Nobody said it’s easy to start a website ;) 

I’ve got the hardware just I read my ISP rules and they don’t allow Andy servers (http, ftps, etc) on home wifi

5 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Which is normal. A good server is in a datacenter that’s connected to the backbone of the internet and not at home ;) 

I think the reason that they don’t allow allow it is because someone used home wifi for commercial purposes or malicious purposes and ruined it for everyone. By what I’ve been reading they don’t really enforce it unless you are using it for the users mentioned so I might just go for it and see how long it takes to get a cease and desist lol

45 minuten geleden, farm24 zei:

I think the reason that they don’t allow allow it is because someone used home wifi for commercial purposes or malicious purposes and ruined it for everyone. By what I’ve been reading they don’t really enforce it unless you are using it for the users mentioned so I might just go for it and see how long it takes to get a cease and desist lol

Don’t forget that your home IP address  changes every once and a while depending on your ISP, so that’s an issue as well 😉

5 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Don’t forget that your home IP address  changes every once and a while depending on your ISP, so that’s an issue as well 😉

I do believe I can set up static ips for my devices on my network