X-Ray Flux Background

MinYoongi
Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

Good Evening 😇 !

Since none of the Regions on the Disc right now look *too* interesting or rather said, complex, why is the Background Flux still in the C Levels? Is this due to the sheer amount of regions? Is it something bad? Thanks 😇

PS: I know its hugging between C1.0 and B9 so it may not mean anything. I just wondered this ever since the big regions rolled around for the first time resulting in this phenomena :)  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Good Evening 😇 !

Since none of the Regions on the Disc right now look *too* interesting or rather said, complex, why is the Background Flux still in the C Levels? Is this due to the sheer amount of regions? Is it something bad? Thanks 😇

PS: I know its hugging between C1.0 and B9 so it may not mean anything. I just wondered this ever since the big regions rolled around for the first time resulting in this phenomena :)  

I have the same question.  I love the high flux levels, both 10.7 cm and x-ray (shortwave radio enthusiast) but why so high?  I see coronal hole(s) aimed right at us which I assume is the cause of the unexpected high solar winds we've been having. But is this also connected to the high flux levels?  I suspect that it's not connected and the high flux is simply the aggregate brightness of all the plasma activity we see plus the brightness of that "thing" coming around the limb.  😉

I don't know.

• Solution
8 uren geleden, MinYoongi zei:

Good Evening 😇 !

The sunspot regions aren't small, even though they aren't very complex there are plenty of spots which of course are attributing to the background flux. This is getting more normal as solar activity rises towards solar max.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

The sunspot regions aren't small, even though they aren't very complex there are plenty of spots which of course are attributing to the background flux. This is getting more normal as solar activity rises towards solar max.

Thank you for explaining.

So the amount/size of all the sunspots/ar's are the reason for the C-Class Background? 

I did not knew this was normal 🙂 so i was thinking about it the past few days when it did not go back into the B Range even though 3006 decayed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Okay, good, thank you. This has long been an unstated question for me so I'm glad it got spotlighted in this thread.