X1.13 flare incorrectly attributed?

Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

9 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

That should be correct 😉

So I did miss it! Do we know if there were any CMEs? I’m still learning how to read those. 

UPDATE - I saw the tweet that stated there was no CME. Thanks!

Edited by Dan T

30 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

The M5 was impulsive so that's a no :P you can always look at the recent CMEs page to see the latest detected CMEs.

Thank you! I’m going to learn to appreciate space weather yet. 

• Like 1

To which AR is this flare related? Can't find the info, still marked as AR3004's flare. What is SWL database? 

Thank you!!

Edit I mean the X1.13 flare

Edited by Manu

1 hour ago, Manu said:

To which AR is this flare related? Can't find the info, still marked as AR3004's flare. What is SWL database? 

Thank you!!

Edit I mean the X1.13 flare

The source of the X- flare is AR3006

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2022 at 7:34 PM, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Thanks for notifying! Seems SWPC has made an error once again. We made the correction in our database so it will be displayed correctly on SWL

Just noticed that it is still attributed to 3004 in the Archive.

4 hours ago, 3gMike said:

Try clearing your cookies on your browser, at least for that website, or use a different browser/device and check again, and let us know if it’s still incorrect.
Some of this info is stored in your cookies and won’t refresh for 30 days unless you manually clear cookies. 

Just now, Orneno said:

Try clearing your cookies on your browser, at least for that website, or use a different browser/device and check again, and let us know if it’s still incorrect.
Some of this info is stored in your cookies and won’t refresh for 30 days unless you manually clear cookies. 

Huh- maybe I should try that as well. 

16 uren geleden, 3gMike zei:

Yes we changed it too early 😉 we have to wait a day before we can do the edit because else it gets overwritten again. Sometimes SWPC updates the attribution of solar flares during the day and if we edit it it gets overwritten when we updated the database for new and edited flares. So after 24 hours we can do an edit that doesn't get overwritten :P so now it will stay good in the database 😉 

12 uren geleden, Orneno zei:

Not cookies, browser cache 😉 Archive items are usually cached for a month (because it's an archive :D )

• Thanks 1

20 minuten geleden, Orneno zei:

Today’s X1.15 also appears to be incorrectly attributed to 3007, which was having a C-class event just before the X happened 

If you look closely 3007 started to flare (long duration C), then 3006 popped an impulsive X1 and flux returned to high level C of 3007.

in our alert it was indeed wrongfully attributed to 3007 as at that time SDO wasn’t updated yet and still showed the long duration C of 3007

• Thanks 1