Noaa Data loss

MinYoongi

Hey. 

For the 2nd time in 2 days there are no Solar Wind/Goes updates from Noaa for an hour now. are they working on their servers? I think i've read it somewhere here that they scheduled it for early april but on their page i cant find anything.

could only find this :

Additional testing is planned for 29 March, and 4 & 12 April, 2022.

so idk what is happening right now? 

5 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Hey. 

For the 2nd time in 2 days there are no Solar Wind/Goes updates from Noaa for an hour now. are they working on their servers? I think i've read it somewhere here that they scheduled it for early april but on their page i cant find anything.

could only find this :

It’s back, and partly backfilled, although still spotty. 

1 hour ago, jeny96 said:

maybe an error in the satellites? 

No, def. Not a satellite related problem. Data that was 100% available like the KP index didnt get an update, and reports+forecast didnt go out via Twitter and Email. It was most likely a Server Issue where they couldnt get the Data out on the page.

1 minute ago, Orneno said:

It’s back, and partly backfilled, although still spotty. 

Yep! 6 hours of no Data. Imagine that happening with 2975 on center disk 😂

Just now, Orneno said:

Yeah I hope they get that sorted before Maximum. 

Im sure! Better a Server/Website Problem than having one with the actual Satellites or Ground Stations imo. Im still baffled that Noaa rarely makes any News/tweets about their outages. I just remember one time they did it, because data was missing for like 8 hours and it took them another 16 to restore. I also think that more than 1 Organization like Noaa should get Data-Access. If noaa has Problems similiar to todays, they could act as a back up to still get Data out.

8 hours ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

X class go boom then we miss it and be sad

I would be more concerned, if it goes boom and we didn't miss it, despite not getting data from NOAA. ;) Okay, satellite operators might be sad...

9 minutes ago, Orneno said:

and it’s still having problems…

What do you exactly mean? The ones i pointed out?

I have witnessed this Problem often. I bet it will get fixed soon.

Goes data is perfectly fine.

Ace seems somewhat fine too. 

I experienced some glitches on their website(only real time solar wind page) too so it could be the webserver again. Also dscovr often has faraday cup problems. Could be both:) sleep well friend

10 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Goes data is perfectly fine.

I wish I could downlink GOES data where I live, but alas, living right at the edge of its area brings elevation for a potential antenna to 0.6 degrees... But what I really wonder about, is why the GOES series of satellites is the only series of satellites to which their operator not only published the downlink parameters and protocols but also actively encourages the general public to do. For European satellites it is quite difficult to find any specifications and unfortunately none of them includes any solar data.

I dearly hope I'm wrong as I would find it rather depressing, that the European agencies would not look towards our central star.

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

I wish I could downlink GOES data where I live, but alas, living right at the edge of its area brings elevation for a potential antenna to 0.6 degrees... But what I really wonder about, is why the GOES series of satellites is the only series of satellites to which their operator not only published the downlink parameters and protocols but also actively encourages the general public to do. For European satellites it is quite difficult to find any specifications and unfortunately none of them includes any solar data.

I dearly hope I'm wrong as I would find it rather depressing, that the European agencies would not look towards our central star.

You caught me offguard here, i dont know a single bit about that.

But speaking of downlinking. I looked at the coverage when i made this post and the Data Range was only 20 so i think that couldve been the reason for the data Delays @Orneno . If i understood it correctly, over the day there are specific observatories getting the solar wind data and theyre processing it to noaa. During nighttime the Downlink is not as fast.

Is Goes having an Outage? Maintenance? Any Info? No Data for 5h now

Now the GOES is back and the Solar Wind Data is gone... I'm at a loss for words what the *** is happening at Noaa for the last few days? I know they have Maintenance scheduled for TOMORROW but not today?

On 4/7/2022 at 3:17 PM, MinYoongi said:

Hey. 

could only find this :

its the 12th now so thats probably it

• 2 weeks later...

Yeup... And Solar Wind Data + X-Ray flux gone again. 

Im seriously surprised why only Noaa is "allowed" to process this data. 

I'm just keeping this thread around for myself, it's just a shame how often this happens. 😕 Sometimes for HOURS. This is unacceptable especially since its not solar minimum anymore.

• Like 1

Bizarre, no BT/BZ measurement. Only Solar Wind Speed + Density.

funfact: ACE is active, it has the bz and it bz missing.

looking at dscovr data, everythings there.

so im wondering why they use ACE data as their active spacecraft rn?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...