April Fools joke

Sam Warfel

4 hours ago, David Silver said:

Hi - larious.

A joke at my expense! okeedoke

Plenty of influx of people claiming pseudo-science stuff to warrant the change, or at least the reason making sense. (To me)

I didn't see the change as being a joke at your expense. 

EDIT: Upon realizing the date, I guess it could be a joke. I missed it, WOOOSH right past me. 

Edited by Archmonoth

9 minutes ago, Flareguy18 said:

YOOO! I actually fell for this 🤣🤣🤣 that was a good one!

Had I read through the announcement closer, I may not have believed it so easily 😜 

I figured the part where I said Sander and Marcel were leaving and I was the new admin would clue people if they thought it was legit 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Orneno said:

I figured the part where I said Sander and Marcel were leaving and I was the new admin would clue people if they thought it was legit 😂

I knew it was a joke, but for some reason when I said "This has to be a joke" it came out as this:

2 hours ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Well ignore this, this wasn't meant here 🤣

Like Wtf 🤣🤣🤣

Haha, Just... to be sure I was on the same page as everyone as to what 'heliobiology' actually is I googled. This is start of the first result I got:

Heliobiology

> The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

I'm thinking that kinda says a lot already.
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1

39 minutes ago, HalfFeralHuman said:

Haha, Just... to be sure I was on the same page as everyone as to what 'heliobiology' actually is I googled. This is start of the first result I got:

Heliobiology

> The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

I'm thinking that kinda says a lot already.

I did exactly the same & yes same result..... then started wondering what Orneno had been drinking, never gave a thought to the date..... doh!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cat Perkinton said:

I did exactly the same & yes same result..... then started wondering what Orneno had been drinking, never gave a thought to the date..... doh!

Drinking coke

But except its not coke or even a drink

its crac- 

NO YOU FIGURE IT OUT

3 hours ago, Archmonoth said:

I missed it, WOOOSH right past me. 

R/woosh. I am sorry I had to 🤣😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No lie this post made me take a dive in to Davids thread so thanks lol. I agree with him, there is definitely no way the sun is NOT affecting our biology or neurology, if it can mess with sensitive and well shielded cables so why not our way less shielded brains and nerves?

• Thanks 1

I had been reading this site for a while, and really enjoy the app daily, but i created an account today just to commend the sense of humour.

And to point out that Vitamin D, suntan, sunburn, skin cancer, and melanin are still clamoring for explanation, since heliobiology is apparently another russian hoax.

which is actually pronounced HOE-AXE.

cheers! 😉👍🏽😉

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kyngston said:

I had been reading this site for a while, and really enjoy the app daily, but i created an account today just to commend the sense of humour.

And to point out that Vitamin D, suntan, sunburn, skin cancer, and melanin are still clamoring for explanation, since heliobiology is apparently another russian hoax.

which is actually pronounced HOE-AXE.

cheers! 😉👍🏽😉

Welcome the forums! I’m glad you enjoyed the humor, and I hope you stick around😉

And nah, skin cancer is definitely not caused by the sun. No heliobiology there. It’s from a Russian death ray. 

• Haha 1

I feel like people who think heliobiology is a "pseudo-science" would not make very good scientists, and/or just don't appreciate biology as a science. As a scientist, I would recommend some individuals open their mind a little, and think outside the box. Some call that critical thinking, which is something they don't teach (enough of if at all) in school unfortunately.

That said. I definitely didn't get the April fools joke at first, I had to read it like 10 times and see the latest posts in the heliobiology thread. Nice one, except for the disparaging heliobiology part, considering community members seem to take it pretty seriously due to health issues. I think there were even jokes about cancer above in this thread. Interesting sense of humor. Heck of an april fools today. 

• Thanks 1

• Sam Warfel unfeatured and unpinned this topic