Sunspot region 2981

Marcel de Bont

9 minutes ago, Marcel de Bont said:

Just to the south of sunspot region 2978 we now have sunspot region 2981, a Beta-Gamma region with a potential delta structure. The group reminds me of 2975 in its infancy stage. Lets see how it develops but it could become an M-class candidate if this develops more.

2981.PNG

Indeed reminds me of 2975! Is it connected somehow to the region above it?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Two magnetic delta structures present in the region! It's getting interesting 😍

Did they just develop? Is it now an M Flare player? The synoptic map is already a few hours old so i wanted to ask 🥰

So I am confused, so is a Delta weaker then a Beta-Gamma-Delta? I read this before asking: https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/help/the-magnetic-classification-of-sunspots.html and it didn't really answer my question.  

So I thought I'd ask here. 

Unless it told me and I totally didn't see it 🤣

3 minuten geleden, Solarflaretracker200 zei:

So I am confused, so is a Delta weaker then a Beta-Gamma-Delta? I read this before asking: https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/help/the-magnetic-classification-of-sunspots.html and it didn't really answer my question.  

So I thought I'd ask here. 

Unless it told me and I totally didn't see it 🤣

I wrote that there was a magnetic delta structure present. So that would make it beta-gamma-delta. Why? Simple:

- Two polarities = beta

- I cant draw a line between the two polarities: beta-gamma

- there are a few spots of opposite polarities in the penumbral area of the other polarity = beta-gamma-delta

3 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

I wrote that there was a magnetic delta structure present. So that would make it beta-gamma-delta. Why? Simple:

- Two polarities = beta

- I cant draw a line between the two polarities: beta-gamma

- there are a few spots of opposite polarities in the penumbral area of the other polarity = beta-gamma-delta

So it was directly in front of me and literally dumbass me didn't notice it. Well then-

3 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

I think the region is crackling with C classes right now. Its hard to tell though because 2975 is active as well. I cant really tell from Suvi/SDO

I wouldn't say it's crackling with C class solar flares. Both aren't doing much. 

2978 hasn't done much at all:

Solar flares from today

C2.6

Same with 2981:

Solar flares from today

C2.1 C3.9 C6.5

4 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

I wouldn't say it's crackling with C class solar flares. Both aren't doing much. 

2978 hasn't done much at all:

Solar flares from today

C2.6

Same with 2981:

Solar flares from today

C2.1 C3.9 C6.5

When i wrote the comment, 3 C-Class flares happened in like 20 Mins :D

Just now, MinYoongi said:

I wonder why the Background Flux is still at C levels though. Is it still because of all the (rather complex) regions?

I bet so, and when 2975 goes around the limb, I still think it will be in the C levels. We have a few complex regions so it would make sense. Especially 2981 is really interesting, but hasn't done enough yet to get tons of attention like AR2975 did. 

But this is just a guess so really i don't know. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

I bet so, and when 2975 goes around the limb, I still think it will be in the C levels.

Thats the thing most interesting to me regarding the background flux right now. 2975 is by far the most complex one.. so i dont know. Lack of Experience.