Thermobaric weapons & the ionosphere

praxisofbootes

I’m sure this is a stupid question, but I cannot get it out of my head — help put it to rest? The week Russia reportedly used thermobaric weapons in Ukraine was the same week the Schumann resonance spiked multiple times (pictured) Any relationship?

For reference, look at the black charts with the multiple colored spikes. I’m looking at the white line on the top —that is the first Schumann resonance. You’ll see that the SR1 is spiking to higher amplitudes, which you measure on the left. These are pretty high amplitude spikes and really close in duration, which is why they stood out to me as strange. 

The colored chart with the green/blue/white also indicates activity- white indicates SR activity at higher frequency ranges. 

Also, SR activity resides in the ELF range of the ionosphere, so I am curious if &/or how thermobaric weapons could affect or register within the ionosphere.

A135D574-B104-4F0C-B389-A26007B442E2.jpeg

FF82E35C-657C-40A4-8F9F-01AE2ED07B23.jpeg

• Like 1

Thermobaric weapons shouldn't have any direct electromagnetic effects, as they don't release ionizing radiation.  The principle is equivalent to a grain elevator explosion  with different fuel, and auto-ignition vs a deflagration front.  It's essentially a (large) explosion that's not from a point source like a block of TNT.

Having said that, there might well be physical effects from simply moving air around.  It would be interesting to know whether the tonga volcano explosion had visible ionospheric effects from the pressure wave (not just from the massive amount of lightning)

• Cool 1

The kind folks of r/science at Reddit directed me to this  paper on how bombing in WW2 affected the ionosphere: https://angeo.copernicus.org/articles/36/1243/2018/

I need to dig into it to see what the implications are. I would also like to find any operating VLF and/or ELF grabbers in operation in or near Ukraine — closest I have found so far are these in Italy: www.VLF.it

in terms of the Volcanic eruption in 1/15/22,  it was followed by a very large Schumann resonance spike (amp. 62), but the day before the eruption a G2 geomagnetic storm took place, so it is hard to tell which rattled the SR.