I've never seen anything like that. Is that a huge vortex?

Sunshine

When I was looking at imagery today, I spotted this one: https://wwwbis.sidc.be/cactus/out/CME0020/CME.mp4. On the left (eastern) side of the Sun there is that huge circular structure, which looks very much like a vortex. Which makes me wonder if it is actually something like a vortex, caused by different 'currents' in solar plasma and CMEs hitting each other.

I noticed that too while looking at LASCO C3. And I've seen them on a few posts on both Instagram and Twitter. Really curious as to what they could be. There were 2 of them emanating from the right (West) side of the sun between 2022-01-15 and 2022-01-16 that you can see on STEREO AHEAD Cor2.

20220115_123830_d4c2A.jpg

20220115_213830_d4c2A.jpg

Minor CME yes, but the vortex appears to be quite interesting. I wonder how they form at that size and what makes them so perfectly circular. Although I'm not sure about 'perfect' as the imagery's resolution likely hides all the imperfections at the edges of that vortex.
I assume, we may not know nearly enough yet, to prove or disprove theories.

9 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Minor CME yes, but the vortex appears to be quite interesting. I wonder how they form at that size and what makes them so perfectly circular. Although I'm not sure about 'perfect' as the imagery's resolution likely hides all the imperfections at the edges of that vortex.
I assume, we may not know nearly enough yet, to prove or disprove theories.

I’m not sure about “perfect” but it is pretty interesting. 

E87B8AD4-3DEC-4115-9CC7-CD7CC187384C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

First post. I also saw on Twitter, so I went to LASCO archive for more images and a similar orb appeared for March 14.  It existed in the images for over 5 hours which seems odd if it is artifact created by a CME. It also showed a clear progression from near the corona to out of frame. Apologies if this is a dumb question and everyone knows that flux ropes are long lasting.