CMEs and geomagnetic storming ×

I am unsure of my own future in watching the Sun.

Christopher S.

An inexplicable but perfectly rational fear has stricken me, that the realities of right the hell now are very concerning. I am 25 years old. Might get drafted. Might want to. I love science and learning about the universe, but I am bound to a deep and individualistic principle which may tear me away from the endeavor to learn. I am so sorry this is the state of the world. You do not need additional context here, but please just remember that if you're like me - perfectly fit for being thrown into a meat grinder, essentially - and we all know that's what it is... come on, intellectuals - then please give it your best.

I love and respect what this forum has become - it's strayed from "for me" content but it's forayed into positive and constructive posting! Amazing! We're super capable of defeating misinformation now, but please remember science is the main driver of topics here.

Edited by Christopher S.
Took a moment to form the first bolded phrase.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Christopher S. said:

An inexplicable but perfectly rational fear has stricken me, that the realities of right the hell now are very concerning. I am 25 years old. Might get drafted. Might want to. I love science and learning about the universe, but I am bound to a deep and individualistic principle which may tear me away from the endeavor to learn. I am so sorry this is the state of the world. You do not need additional context here, but please just remember that if you're like me - perfectly fit for being thrown into a meat grinder, essentially - and we all know that's what it is... come on, intellectuals - then please give it your best.

I love and respect what this forum has become - it's strayed from "for me" content but it's forayed into positive and constructive posting! Amazing! We're super capable of defeating misinformation now, but please remember science is the main driver of topics here.

Christopher, I just want to say that I have always valued your considered inputs to this forum, so I am sorry to hear that you feel you may be torn away from this. I sincerely hope that current circumstances will not be as bad as you fear, and that we may hear from you again in the future.

• Thanks 1