Vigilance required in monitoring erroneous data

Christopher S.

17 minutes ago, Christopher S. said:

I simply aim to suggest in this discussion that a strange coincidence of events over various arbitrary timespans has been noted in my own observations, and would like any support in suggesting something to that angle.

This is so vague as to be bewildering. It would seem you have found something odd in the data and have a possible explanation for it, but you hesitate to say it and wish to eliminate other factors, such as bad data. 

Could you rephrase that?

2 hours ago, Orneno said:

This is so vague as to be bewildering. It would seem you have found something odd in the data and have a possible explanation for it, but you hesitate to say it and wish to eliminate other factors, such as bad data. 

Could you rephrase that?

No it is quite simply all it is. A vague intrigue. Some might benefit from nebulous calls to action, and my aim is to spurn curiosity - nothing more.

This is unorthodox, surely, but the focus in this sub-forum is Geomagnetism. I feel there has been at least one or two events pertinent here that were not well predicted by SWPC or WSA-Enlil models, judging by at the very least, timely viewing of the relevant products.

However, I will step off of this if that is your wish.

Edited by Christopher S.
Typo

1 hour ago, Christopher S. said:

No it is quite simply all it is. A vague intrigue. Some might benefit from nebulous calls to action, and my aim is to spurn curiosity - nothing more.

This is unorthodox, surely, but the focus in this sub-forum is Geomagnetism. I feel there has been at least one or two events pertinent here that were not well predicted by SWPC or WSA-Enlil models, judging by at the very least, timely viewing of the relevant products.

However, I will step off of this if that is your wish.

Oh no, you are quite right in that we have much to learn! Several of the recent Geomagnetic storms do not have satisfying explanations as to cause, to name a recent one. 

One of the things I like about this field is how much we still don’t know. In more mainstream disciplines like physics or chemistry, it can sometimes seem like everything has been discovered and explained already, but in space weather, so much is left to do 😁