CMEs and geomagnetic storming ×

Open in app prompt

Sam Warfel
Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

You know how if you go to SWL’s website on mobile there’s a bar at the top of the screen that prompts you to open it in the app? Well, this bar displays even when in the community section. Of course, the app doesn’t have the forums, so if you click it it just opens the app and immediately redirects you back to the browser, so it’s useless. 

Is it possible to hide this prompt to open the app in the community forums section? It takes up valuable screen space, and is useless, as discussed. 

11 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Well, it’s because the community forum is on the same domain so we can’t disable it unless on the whole domain.

two solutions:

- separate domain for the community 

- place the community in a subdomain

Well if you want to keep them the same domain that's okay, a subdomain sounds like a possible solution but I know literally nothing about websites so idk if it's a good idea or not

6 minuten geleden, Orneno zei:

Well if you want to keep them the same domain that's okay, a subdomain sounds like a possible solution but I know literally nothing about websites so idk if it's a good idea or not

Both solutions are good and I can do that no worries. But it will require search engines to update all the links, users will need to update their bookmarks, … . So it has its disadvantages as well.