Space Weather Memes

Sam Warfel

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, libmar96 said:

I made this meme some months ago, but could never upload here due to maximum attachment size of 200kB. I decided to put in YT instead :P (turn the volume down just in case)

Love it 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/25/2024 at 12:34 AM, hamateur 1953 said:

I have, says 3590. Been shootin blanks……

That's my kind of sunspot. Lots of big flares and radiation, no CMEs😉  More of these please.

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, KW2P said:

That's my kind of sunspot. Lots of big flares and radiation, no CMEs😉  More of these please.

Oops. Perhaps an explanation on why radio amateurs are a bit dismayed when CMEs are launched is in order.  The geomagnetic components can be very disruptive to our communications.  They can also enhance them under certain circumstances ( auroral E). The hard and soft X radiations we love because they hit our E and F layers ionosing them thus   improving the likelihood of long-distance communication.   I laughed, because large X flares without CME or protons are rare.  I also love CMEs so I’m really kinda torn as a ham.   Haha. Mike. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 2

On 2/28/2024 at 4:46 PM, Adohran said:

My proudest creation yet! Nearly an hour of work went into this masterpiece. 

Well, it was either space weather or quantum theory.  And who wants to get all entangled with that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 10:43 AM, libmar96 said:

I found this meme about cryptocurrency in FB, but I replaced the text... isn't it familiar? 😂

image.thumb.jpeg.7486b33007cf046e781551cae2bec71f.jpeg

Is the owner of that kitty named Patrick?   Hagrid respectfully disagrees. If that is Hagrid? He needs to use his words!  Well done @libmar96  Bravo. Otter likes sri.  Mike/Hagrid   Hagrid announced 206 SFI this am from NRC first posting at 18:00 utc March 24 2024.  🐈‍⬛

Edited by hamateur 1953
Silliness
  • Haha 2