Hello world

Christina.F

2 hours ago, Christina.F said:

It's very welcoming here isn' tit

I guess.  If you are planning to watch the sun either on this website, app (or irl) then prepare for anything lol. Right now solar activity is low but that can change.  So yeah welcome!

Edited by Solarflaretracker200

3 hours ago, Christina.F said:

Thank you obviously I understand that my previous views were crazy, however I have since seen the light. 

There is always room to learn something new, and the line between madness and clarity is very thin. :) 

I saw in the other thread you recently acquired a telescope and it changed your world view. Do you feel a sense of doubt in other areas of knowledge, since a fundamental world view has changed? 

So I purchased a 6inch telescope and managed to find Saturn which was an eye opener and very humbling. 

As a further benefit its ring quite clearly loops behind the planet and so I am left no no doubt now that it is a sphere and so must be the others. 

I highly doubt now that we are in fact the only lone disk in the universe

You can also look at the moon with a telescope and look at the craters and how the light and shadows there play out with changing lunar phases. So you’ll see that the moon is also a sphere.

you can also look at Venus, and find that just like the moon it has phases depending on where the Sun is

you can also look at Jupiter and it’s moons and find that the moons of Jupiter change over time because those moons orbit around Jupiter just like our moon is in an orbit around Earth.

It ain’t flat it’s a vast immense space 😉

4 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

you can also look at Jupiter and it’s moons and find that the moons of Jupiter change over time because those moons orbit around Jupiter just like our moon is in an orbit around Earth.

Fun fact, this is exactly what Galileo did in 1609 that confirmed for him the earth was round (I believe he was unaware of the Greek mathematician’s work with the sun’s shadows on poles in different locations that confirmed this centuries before)

• Like 1