How Sun affect weather as crossing equator?

oemSpace

Equator spins the fastest on Earth, when Sun cross equator from south to north (July to Sept), it usually cause typhoon in Asia, but when Sun cross equator from north to south (Mar to Apr), there is not typhoon season at all

I would like to know on why typhoon is mainly form from July to Sept instead of Mar to Apr.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Edited by oemSpace
  • Like 1

• oemSpace changed the title to How Sun affect weather as crossing equator?

Typhoons occur during "seasons" like the Hurricanes of the Eastern North Pacific and North Atlantic ocean basins, and this is due to an increase in the oceanic heat content from months of warming from the Sun(leading up to Summer Solstice, where the Earth is closest to the Sun and begins moving away), and generally along with that, the Hadley Cells regenerate strongly and stabilize the polar vortex, which allows tropical activity to occur unhindered by the cool air to the north. As the Winter approaches, temperatures will decrease, and tropical activity becomes challenged. They generally stop occurring or begin weakening when the Sea Surface Temperatures underneath a Tropical Wave are below 27º and/or the system is bombarded by wind shear. 

• Like 1

excuse me, hello at all this wonderful team, Im peruvian and I have a question about the magnetic ecuator, the point when the magnetic declination is 0 degrees, yesterday the magnetic activity has like a G2 (I think, excuse me If I'm wrong, I'm new in this) I studied biology and I saw how the birds and other animals can have an orientation in zones with some of magnetic declination, here, in my country, only has the Huacho's magnetometer center, ¿what is the possible effects in the biologic sistems, in the brain in especific, and orientation of the birds, what kind of correlation exist (maybe) in the point 0 of magnetic declination when a Kp5 or more happends, thanks at all for your answers, good day, only is a question.

15 hours ago, oemSpace said:

Equator spins the fastest on Earth, when Sun cross equator from south to north (July to Sept), it usually cause typhoon in Asia, but when Sun cross equator from north to south (Mar to Apr), there is not typhoon season at all

I would like to know on why typhoon is mainly form from July to Sept instead of Mar to Apr.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

The formation and frequency of Typhoons have many variables for determining their frequency, path, and time of year. I would suggest the wiki article on typhoons. Typhoon - Wikipedia 

"There are six main requirements for tropical cyclogenesis: sufficiently warm sea surface temperatures, atmospheric instability, high humidity in the lower to middle levels of the troposphere, enough Coriolis force to develop a low pressure center, a pre-existing low level focus or disturbance, and low vertical wind shear."

3 hours ago, Eduardo Piero Castro Rbs said:

¿what is the possible effects in the biologic sistems, in the brain in especific, and orientation of the birds, what kind of correlation exist (maybe) in the point 0 of magnetic declination when a Kp5 or more happends, thanks at all for your answers, good day, only is a question.

Possible effects? Perhaps confusion in birds? 

My guess is that they would wait out the disturbance before traveling. Neuron cells within brains have lipid layers which are insulators called plasma membranes. These layers protect the neurons from disruption, even during KP5. Also birds use heavy metals in their sinuses for sensing the magnetic field, rather than neurons directly. I hope this translates accurately :)

Edited by Archmonoth
  • Thanks 1

really good! thanks for your answer, really I dont know about that little thing, I forget that! the citoplasmatic layer in the neurons! really thank you, but when I'm in the magnetic ecuator, what happends in that center with declination zero? Do you know something more else about that point in specific, please? really thank you! :D :3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eduardo Piero Castro Rbs said:

really good! thanks for your answer, really I dont know about that little thing, I forget that! the citoplasmatic layer in the neurons! really thank you, but when I'm in the magnetic ecuator, what happends in that center with declination zero? Do you know something more else about that point in specific, please? really thank you! :D :3

My understanding is that declination 0  is described as agonic lines,  which is a deviations over the surface of the Earth from the meridian line of true north. Movement in the magnetic declination changes over time for all sorts of reasons. check out this gif of the movement over 400+ years. I am not an expert, so this explanation might not be correct. 

Earth_Magnetic_Field_Declination_from_15

• Like 1