geomagnetic storm g2 possible in progress

Isatsuki San

It seems that a geomagnetic g2 storm is forming, I know it is not a matter of worrying about that but I still wanted to talk about it,Planos de corte 2d de Geospace - Presión

Edited by Isatsuki San
I'm sorry if I edited it, it's because the image changed, to another as if there was no geomatenic activity, and well
  • Like 1

• Isatsuki San changed the title to geomagnetic storm g2 possible in progress
8 hours ago, Newbie said:

Hizo algunas hermosas auroras en el hemisferio norte. Era una CME muy débil , aumentando el viento solar en solo alrededor de 40 km / s.

No obstante, por alguna razón, resultó una tormenta G2 ...

... y como ves, no te ha ocurrido ningún daño. :)

Novato

I said there was nothing to worry you, but I wanted to talk about it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Newbie said:

... and as you see no harm came to you

I too would be a tad annoyed at the automatic anti-fearmonger response here, newbie. The lad wants a conversation, don't deny him that.

@Isatsuki San I have never seen those products before, although they won't help determine the cause of the storm. The real culprit is almost always a concentration in the IMF of plasma and particles, in a position relative to an incoming CME(slow or fast) which amplifies the total energy received by a bit. A southward-facing IMF usually allows more sub-perpendicular interactions between the CME and the geomagnetic field, whereas a northward discourages it. I'd check WSA-Enlil whenever these occur to get a visualization of the IMF and what I'm talking about.

I might be completely misremembering what I've read about it, I'm sorry.

Christopher S: How easily you misconstrue an innocuous comment that was only posted  in the spirit of kindness. :( :(

!Bien hecho! 

Isatsuki San: If you are a tad annoyed, and I don't believe you are, then I apologise whole heartedly.  :)

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 4
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Newbie said:

How easily you misconstrue an innocuous comment that was only posted  in the spirit of kindness.

It's not being misconstrued. You came off as dismissive because you mistook this post for one of the many other fearful ones we see often. It prompts me to say something about this mistake because it is clearly stated what this post is about, and if you can't be bothered to read too closely, then our communication will suffer as a result - case and point, five posts and only one is on-topic. This is a breakdown of our ability to communicate. Why? I've not stated anything to prompt a blame game about who's construing what, yet here we are I guess.

I didn't want to come off like too much of a jerk, but if the reason I said what I said isn't clear by now, I'm foregoing further interactions with you - not out of spite, but to the benefit of the community. It takes too much time to explain that you misread something and mildly annoyed someone by stonewalling their post in the first reply - you know, something that happens a million times a year on the internet.

45 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Sometimes it takes a few extra posts to get everyone's thoughts on the same page.

Yep.

And I assumed he was annoyed based on the short response. It's a language barrier thing, so I might be mistaken. Either way, it seems our thoughts are more focused on creating drama out of nothing.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

22 hours ago, Newbie said:

Christopher S: Con qué facilidad malinterpretas un comentario inocuo que solo se publicó con un espíritu de bondad. :( :(

! Bien hecho! 

Isatsuki San: Si estás un poco molesto, y no creo que lo estés, me disculpo de todo corazón.  :)

Novato

I'm not upset, just not at all, I just think I thought I was scared about it

• Like 1

In this model, what is causing all of the pressure on the back side of our planet? It is inexplicable to me, and has been going on constantly for quite some time!

And, please be kind in any responses! I really am truly an uneducated newbie, I do not know much about the sun in scientific form beyond what I learned in my schooling and I graduated from high school way back in 1989 (and in all actuality, I remember very little from those solar system studies.)

I was led to your site only about a year ago, so what I've tried to learn and understand has only just begun, and while some information relayed here is in laymen's terms, most of it is science beyond my limited scope of comprehension; so, I can honestly say that most of the time, I show up just to see all of the pretty pictures of the sun, lol! And besides, my very unscientific, touchy-feely, intuitive feelings about solar activity is not well-received here, so I do not participate much in the dialogue.

So, again, I'm kindly asking for either a scientific (in simple terms if possible!) or non-scientific explanation for the recent, constant pressure on the backside of Earth!

Thank you!

Edited by Sheaxma
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sheaxma said:

So, again, I'm kindly asking for either a scientific (in simple terms if possible!) or non-scientific explanation for the recent, constant pressure on the backside of Earth!

Thank you!

Hahahahaha, I'm sorry. I think a coronal hole is causing unsettled conditions right now. And because the autumn equinox is tomorrow, I think the geomagnetic field is reacting more than usual.

Edited by Mace Hornbrook
hmm
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sheaxma said:

In this model, what is causing all of the pressure on the back side of our planet? It is inexplicable to me, and has been going on constantly for quite some time!

And, please be kind in any responses! I really am truly an uneducated newbie, I do not know much about the sun in scientific form beyond what I learned in my schooling and I graduated from high school way back in 1989 (and in all actuality, I remember very little from those solar system studies.)

I was led to your site only about a year ago, so what I've tried to learn and understand has only just begun, and while some information relayed here is in laymen's terms, most of it is science beyond my limited scope of comprehension; so, I can honestly say that most of the time, I show up just to see all of the pretty pictures of the sun, lol! And besides, my very unscientific, touchy-feely, intuitive feelings about solar activity is not well-received here, so I do not participate much in the dialogue.

Thank you!

https://eos.org/science-updates/the-space-weather-modeling-framework-goes-open-access

Hi Sheaxma, this is a link to the page explaining the University of Michigan model. Copy and paste the link into your browser if it doesn't work here.

It goes some of the way into giving an explanation. The model updates quite often.

The model has only recently been released for public viewing, according to the article.

Regards, Newbie

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 1