• Solution

2 hours ago, Isatsuki San said:

Is it normal that the bz is so long in the south it should be 14:00 utc and it continues, is it normal?

Isatsuki San: There is nothing abnormal about the current Bz values being negative as they do fluctuate.

At the moment the Earth's magnetosphere is under the influence of a Co-rotating Interaction Region (CIR) probably due to solar wind from a Coronal Hole. CIR's are transition zones between fast and slow moving streams of solar wind. CIR's cause density gradients of solar particles and compressed magnetic fields, they can weaken the Earth's magnetic field. 

Expect the Bz to bounce back up sooner or later.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Isatsuki San: No hay nada anormal en que los valores actuales de Bz sean negativos ya que fluctúan.

En este momento, la magnetosfera de la Tierra está bajo la influencia de una Región de Interacción Co-rotante (CIR) probablemente debido al viento solar de un Agujero Coronal. Los CIR son zonas de transición entre corrientes de viento solar de movimiento rápido y lento. Los CIR causan gradientes de densidad de partículas solares y campos magnéticos comprimidos, que pueden debilitar el campo magnético de la Tierra. 

Espere que el Bz se recupere tarde o temprano.

weaken the magnetic field of the earth that is not bad?

17 minutes ago, Isatsuki San said:

weaken the magnetic field of the earth that is not bad?

Nothing to worry about at all, Isatsuki San, it may produce some aurorae/s in the highest latitudes.

Are you far enough South in Argentina to see the Aurora Australis? :)

Edited by Newbie

4 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Nada de qué preocuparse en absoluto, Isatsuki San, puede producir algunas aurore / s en las latitudes más altas.

¿Está lo suficientemente al sur de Argentina para ver la Aurora Australis? :)

I'm in the province of Buenos Aires, so you can't see any auroras, I just hope nothing serious happens

4 minutes ago, Isatsuki San said:

I'm in the province of Buenos Aires, so you can't see any auroras, I just hope nothing serious happens

This is a normal value for Bz at these times. Currently there is no notable solar activity, there are no Earth directed CME's on the way, nothing at all to worry about. There might be some nice aurora photos around later.

The weakening of the magnetic field is only temporary it will be restored :)

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

This is a normal value for Bz at these times. Currently there is no notable solar activity, there are no Earth directed CME's on the way, nothing at all to worry about. There might be some nice aurora photos around later.

The weakening of the magnetic field is only temporary it will be restored :)

ah well so nothing to worry about

• Like 1

Last tuesday Bz was negative for 21 hours .. that is completely normal.

The earths magnetic field is not exactly weakened. But if the interplanetary magnetic field has the opposite polarity (negative Bz) in relation to earths magnetic field, it makes it for the solar wind much easier to penetrate into the magnetosphere.

On 8/7/2021 at 10:40 AM, Isatsuki San said:

Is it normal that the bz is so long in the south it should be 14:00 utc and it continues, is it normal?

Isatsuki San: There you are, Bz is currently -0.5 nT. Disturbance Storm Time Index (DST) was hovering just under 0 for last few hours. Everything has bounced back, close to zero.  :)

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Isatsuki San: Ahí lo tienes, Bz tiene actualmente -0,5 nT . El índice de tiempo de tormenta de perturbaciones (DST) se mantuvo justo por debajo de 0 durante las últimas horas. Todo se ha recuperado, cerca de cero.  :)

I already saw, for a moment, I thought other things, but hey, I'll keep calm seeing how everything is going I think that fear seized me at that moment, but well I'll be calmer, but thank you very much, for telling me, I really appreciate a lot when someone answers me and I'm sorry for spending your time with my fear for a moment

Edited by Isatsuki San

Isatsuki San, no need to apologise, I'm happy to set your mind at rest.

I was thinking today how amazing our Sun is. It gives us light and warmth, it provides us with energy, it drives our weather patterns. Without it, there would be no life as we know it. The Earth is positioned in space at just the right distance from the Sun, where temperatures are such that life can be sustained. The Earth rotates on its axis giving us night and day and the axis is tilted so that we experience seasons in Earth's journey around the Sun....

...... and yet the Sun is still a mystery and many people devote their lives to it, in the hope they can unlock its secrets. 

The Sun is not to be feared, but rather appreciated, and I'm sure any concerns you have will disappear in time. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1