Anyone know what's up with the EPAM?

Gunslinger2-6

Could be that, could be diagnostics, but all of the ACE SWPC products have not updated for over 48 hours. It doesn't seem like data dropoff suddenly from the satellite, rather this seems intentional, so I doubt the satellite is compromised(for now). Give it a little while, we may get word from NOAA about it. If not, some of us can reach out and ask about it.

Edited by Christopher S.

I think it might be scheduled maintenance.

Maybe recalibration, maybe a bakeout or something else.

Could be possible that ACE is sending Data but its not getting updated on our Info-sites rn, like Lasco sometimes on Holidays or Weekends.

During scheduled maintenance, they usually report status 9:
# Status(S): 0 = nominal, 4,6,7,8 = bad data, unable to process, 9 = no data

However, EPAM is reporting Status 0 (nominal), but is transmitting invalid and missing data.

But I've seen that happening before. So .. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Looking at the WSA-ENLIL model, it looks like quite a complicated mash-up of plasma waves are overtaking each other in the satellite's approximate region. I wouldn't mind betting local magnetic reconfigurations are messing with the data, or that it went into a safe mode without being able to report a status change first.

13 hours ago, helios said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Helios! great little symbol! :)

Did you source EPAM status from NOAA? Thanks for providing the rest of the information too. Everything seems to be up and running again!

Edited by Newbie

44 minutes ago, helios said:

@Newbie
Ah sorry I forgot to mention the source. The status is part of the data in text format:
https://services.swpc.noaa.gov/text/ace-epam.txt

Yes EPAM seems to be working again. But since this morning, the DSCOVR solar wind data (speed/density/temperature) is erroneous.

I noticed that when I was going through the data earlier. There were no temperature readings! Thanks

Edited by Newbie