CME impact from coronal pop 3 days ago?

solar investigator

hey guys i have noticed a decent geo impact that is initiating as we speak. i personally believe it could be due to the small CME coronal pop that happened 3 days ago SW limb. it was a slower CME. thoughts on origin? doubt its coronal hole related for obvious reasons. anyways eyes peeled between 21st till Christmas. a rare once every 20 year alignment occurs on 21st. the grand conjunction. watch for seismic effect. from my own observations and statistical gathering planetary alignments in most cases have some sort of volcanic or seismic response possibly due to electrostatic mechanisms. definitely not gravity as many often misassume. nothing wrong with noting at least.

Re//geomagnetic)too bad S N orientation too sporadic..........

Check out my post about this same thing. I'l contribute what I can here. The one CME That made the news that was 'supposed' to hit earth around Dec 10 from the flare apparently did nothing. Also odd that there were two massive flares around the same days a few days ago, not reported. Also note that the sun spots are not numbered - there are a few directly facing earth before the conjunction and also a coronal hole. Just odd that everything is so silent? When less significant events make the news. 

Is the view of stereo ahead C2 not so that anything pointed to the right is facing earth given it's positon? Dec 23 'the son, dead for 3 days ( dec winter solstice, died on the cross, and thus was resurrected...Dec 25. same story across many religions' Look at all the stuff facing us right now and there's nobody even talking about it with the alignment. Oh and now you can see a comet swooping in on Lasc03 as well.

cme5.png

cme2.jpg

suvi-primary-284.png

dec14.jpg

dec17.jpg

Is it normal for the proton monitor to stop monitoring? See below, around the same time the Schumann resonance charts lit up the proton monitor stopped posting data? Also are these spikes normal?

spike2.png

missing1.png

schu1.png

Look at missing data times corresponding with the schumann graphs, and the timing of the latest CME's -.... 

No CME signature in the data. Also, limb CME’s have very low chance of an Earthward directed component (except a rare case with huge solar flare and very wide CME with a glancing blow). 
@SunManGoo: there where no huge flares and no noteworthy events on the visible solar disk. Yeah there where backside/limb CME’s but as we already mentioned those will be very common around solar max. We only talk about it when they’re worth talking about (earthward directed, strong Dimming, spectacular CME), minor events like theee can be discussed on the forum.

also the gaps you are mentioning, those are the periods the data of the satellite can’t be received due to eclips or maintenance. Even SDO has an eclipse season where data is missing or the moon is blocking part of the view ;). The spikes are faulty data and can be ignored

• Thanks 1

cclass.gif

Why does the site say 0 sunspots? Is there a bug?

flares.jpg

sun1.png

5 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

No CME signature in the data. Also, limb CME’s have very low chance of an Earthward directed component (except a rare case with huge solar flare and very wide CME with a glancing blow). 
@SunManGoo: there where no huge flares and no noteworthy events on the visible solar disk. Yeah there where backside/limb CME’s but as we already mentioned those will be very common around solar max. We only talk about it when they’re worth talking about (earthward directed, strong Dimming, spectacular CME), minor events like theee can be discussed on the forum.

also the gaps you are mentioning, those are the periods the data of the satellite can’t be received due to eclips or maintenance. Even SDO has an eclipse season where data is missing or the moon is blocking part of the view ;). The spikes are faulty data and can be ignored

Thanks for the reply - Just seems odd that the one from the 10th made the site but none of these ones did. And the main page saying there's no sunspots, and nobody talking about what's about to rotate into view. Maybe just bad timing.

spikes.png

Thanks for replying, I think you explaining what we are seeing and these changes is going to become more popular in the coming days.. many will have similar questions thank you.

spikes2.png

spikes3.png

When looking for sunspot regions take a look at SDO's HMI Intensitygram imagery, https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity/sunspot-regions.html. There are weak magnetic regions there, but there are no sunspots in the Intensitygram imagery.

Then that impact around 09:20Z today was a coronal hole. The high proton density hits prior and eventually after several hours the solar wind velocity will rise as the proton density declines.

i should've clarified. i determined possible CME impact due to the observed moderate density which reached slightly above30p/2m. there was no coronal hole that would've caused that.  CMEs can be very slow moving. it can give the impression of a normal solar wind stream as it moves with it. it was a slow pop. the timing is very well with it too

regardless if CME or coronal hole, it was at least semi exciting compared to the solar wind conditions before hand lol

also what im about to write is highly theoretical as of yet but worth mentioning as i have seen a few observed correlations. i have on rare occasions determined where a large quake is likely to strike due to a factor that sometimes shows its ugly face. when u get a developing weather system during the time of any planetary alignment in combination of a coronal hole facing earth directly or at least near so. location of aforementioned weather system/ low pressure systems has been noted to correlate with quake locations. we have a possible example coming up. a moderately deep low pressure system is set to develop on the 22nd local Oceania time and hit newzealand on 23rd UTC. we have the grand conjunction tomorrow. and coronal hole facing earth few hours ago. again due to lack of statistical correlation this effect remains sparse and rare but worth noting. watch for magnitude 6+ quake for newzealand. id give the chances 30% from 21st UTC till 25th.

and just to clarify. i do not follow astrology in the slightest.  i was brought attention to planetary alignments affecting earth by a scientist mentioned in a video who found certain alignments excite earths ionosphere, i speculate as i said earlier something to do with electrostatic means and eddy currents when alignments happen causing possible eddy's in the solar wind. gravity probably is a factor but only with alignments with the sun and Jupiter and Saturn maybe, albeit small factor oh and the moon.

13 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

sorry i still get confused with sun directional terminology. the coronal pop i mentioned was SW of center disk close to center. still in the geoeffective position for earth. it wasn't on the limb

also forgot to mention. on a few occasions from my own observations planetary alignments can trigger volcanic activity. noticeably strong ash emissions usually above FL400. the highest correlation is found when coronal holes face earth or close to earth during or before an alignment. again entirely not conclusive but i am slowly on the verge of possibly building statistical models

Edited by solar investigator

A little more info on the coronagraph imagery. SOHO and the STEREO satellites are in different positions around the sun and you can see that here, https://stereodata.nascom.nasa.gov/where.shtml. SOHO is at the L1 position near Earth. The CME was on the opposite side of the Sun from STEREO A's view being an illusion that it could be going towards the satellite.

Edited by Jesterface23