Geomagnetic Storm June 28 2024

Cokelley

17 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

But Kp30 shows it for now. i attached a screenshot. 

maybe the high density? im a bit speechless

Looking at low energy protons in ACE data, my guess would be partially due to the ubruptness of the arrival, pretty consistent high density, and prolonged -20bz. I hope I read your question right, just woke up haha  🙂

9 minutes ago, Misaka said:

I would also have suspected the high density as the reason.

If the current values were really through the CME at 22-23z, shouldn't the filament CME that was further west earlier that day have hit STEREO by now? I haven't seen any impact there yet.

Perhaps, although that filament eruption looked quite slow. I don't really know at this point, just speculating. There also seems to have been a different eruption after the filament, around 11-12Z on the same day near the center, right underneath where the later smaller CME happened later, maybe that could have something to do with it as well. What I find strange is that there doesn't really seem to be much of a signature in LASCO from either of them, but maybe something would be visible in differenced imagery; maybe a stealth CME of some sort.

But as Jesterface says, maybe it's just a SIR; not entirely sure from where though, maybe the small hole that was punched in the corona by the smaller CME?

Edited by Philalethes
someone snuck in a post to prevent auto-merge

7 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

The delay in travel might actually be closer to 40 minutes. The Bz went positive around 13:20Z, which would be right at the start of that 14:00-14:30Z time frame.

Thank you Jester, for taking the time and the patience with me. how much will the positive bz hinder stuff? If its due to the high density not much? (and preconditioning) 

1 minute ago, Manuel said:

It went down quickly 😔

where do you see it going down=?

5 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

This might not be from a CME at all. A filament could still be coming.

So does that mean we are missing a filament?
Well, it is true that Stereo A did not register an impact,
but this sinfulness reminds me a little of the  filament that hit us on March 23, 2023

1 minute ago, tniickck said:
2 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

This might not be from a CME at all. A filament could still be coming.

the epam shock was pretty obvious

I think this CH was acting more of a sponge on the EPAMp preceding a CME. So there should still be a CME coming if the HSS isn't too strong.

3 minutes ago, Isatsuki San said:

So does that mean we are missing a filament?
Well, it is true that Stereo A did not register an impact,
but this sinfulness reminds me a little of the  filament that hit us on March 23, 2023

I forgot to say that it was a cme cannibal (there was a fillament in that cme caniball) along with a coronal hole xd

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Thank you Jester, for taking the time and the patience with me. how much will the positive bz hinder stuff? If its due to the high density not much? (and preconditioning) 

where do you see it going down=?

I'm looking at the emispheric power, it went down to 22gw from 100gw and also the disturbance index

• Like 1