AR 3723

Go to solution Solved by Jesterface23,

As of 330 UTC, this new region was located at S18 E72. It is currently beta, comprised of 3 sunspots and growing. Some interesting activity has already come from this region when it was behind the limb.

Edited by Justanerd
Deleting refs/tags to 3664/3697
  • Like 4

Just now, Yani said:

It looks so decayed right now. Of course lets see it's journey across this earth facing side of the sun this time 

Fortunately it's currently flaring, we have some hope! :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yani said:

It looks so decayed right now. Of course lets see it's journey across this earth facing side of the sun this time 

Remember that this region always looks weak and small coming over the eastern limb - it has seen much of its growth and activity mid-disc and westward on its two previous crossings 

Just now, Justanerd said:

Remember that this region always looks weak and small coming over the eastern limb - it has seen much of its growth and activity mid-disc and westward on its two previous crossings 

Hopefully it gives us some X flares before it hits the Western limb

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Its the Western Region afaik.

87312f0f1665fd7aa714a3c105151cb8.png

Dunno how you came up with that this region is flaring?

Cause it looked like it had a small flare in the photo as the graph started rising

I think this western flare is the one that's causing it now? I could be wrong

Edited by Sagatha
Ok my flare spotting skills need improvement

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Since youre the Stix-Wizard here, is that its highest flare in recent time?

Yes. The highest flares in the last 5 days were two M4 flares on 20.06 and 21.06 on STIX.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yani said:

You're welcome

How long until it's clear earth facing on the eastern limb? 

Helioseismology actually showed some growth of that region in the last few days - after it previously collapsed to a small spot.

Fingers crossed, but the M9 flare might be a good sign.

21 minutes ago, Yani said:

How long until it's clear earth facing on the eastern limb? 

For it to directly face Earth, it should take about a week.

• Like 2

I was really laughing about this Flare. The region did the same on 1st of June when it rolled in. Unfortunately the next bigger Flare was on the 10th when it already passed the center disc and was close to the west limb. 

By the way, the new "Calender" in the archives is so so so cool. Thanks to the SWL Team for this work. 👍

Update: See the post above, it's not old 3697? Oh no 😔 thanks @Jesterface23for this information. I am sure that you are sure. 

Edited by Ingolf
Update / Grammar
  • Thanks 1

13 minuten geleden, Jesterface23 zei:

Region 3723 had developed on the far side. Old region 3664/3697 has not yet come over the limb. It will within the next 24 hours though.

For real? I just made a news article about the return of 3664 when I saw this post. I trusted you @Justanerd 😉🤣 Damn it, I really miss when we had STEREO A and B on the far side!

• Haha 1