Region 3713

On 6/12/2024 at 3:02 PM, Jesterface23 said:

Old region 3685 would be newly numbered sunspot region 3713.

image.thumb.png.d65ff90074a9431fdb3ce77631dd783c.png

Yes, this is the old 3685, last time (in May) we saw M and even X2.9 from it. I think he's very promising right now. Isn't that right?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Saturnitis said:

I’ve been watching this forum for months and only now decided to join. Thought I’d say this region looks like it just formed a small delta.

IMG_8141.thumb.jpeg.6990ed0cf527ff2e1192254301830184.jpeg

Welcome to the forums! Have fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saturnitis said:

I’ve been watching this forum for months and only now decided to join. Thought I’d say this region looks like it just formed a small delta.

IMG_8141.thumb.jpeg.6990ed0cf527ff2e1192254301830184.jpeg

Nice ! Let's see if they update its magnetic classification soon! It really looks to show up in the visible light view :D

I'm no expert but as of today it looks like this region is starting to form small deltas. It looks convincing to me but more input from you all would be great!

7 minutes ago, Cokelley said:

I'm no expert but as of today it looks like this region is starting to form small deltas. It looks convincing to me but more input from you all would be great!

I personally don’t see any, although I’m no expert either. Would you mind pointing to where you think you see them? 

Btw the previous delta I had mentioned earlier sadly decayed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Saturnitis said:

I personally don’t see any, although I’m no expert either. Would you mind pointing to where you think you see them? 

Btw the previous delta I had mentioned earlier sadly decayed.

I definitely have a lot to learn but I have pointed to the areas I had in question.

Screenshot 2024-06-16 11.50.37 AM.png

7 minutes ago, Cokelley said:

I definitely have a lot to learn but I have pointed to the areas I had in question.

Screenshot 2024-06-16 11.50.37 AM.png

A delta is formed by umbras of opposite polarity in a single penumbra.  If you look at the intensitygram of this region, you will see that both penumbras are very far apart.  I hope this information is useful to you!

IMG_20240616_180343.jpg.0acda454782530a976222980c8822a49.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ester89 said:

A delta is formed by umbras of opposite polarity in a single penumbra.  If you look at the intensitygram of this region, you will see that both penumbras are very far apart.  I hope this information is useful to you!

IMG_20240616_180343.jpg.0acda454782530a976222980c8822a49.jpg

Yes, thank you!

I need to look at both images to determine how close the penumbras actually are. I can see how they show up better in the intensitygram. Thanks again!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cokelley said:

I need to look at both images to determine how close the penumbras actually are. I can see how they show up better in the intensitygram. Thanks again!

Yep, exactly; here on SWL there's a nice feature on the active region page where the pictures of the regions have sliders that let you easily compare the two, quite convenient in that regard.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Yep, exactly; here on SWL there's a nice feature on the active region page where the pictures of the regions have sliders that let you easily compare the two, quite convenient in that regard.

Doh ! I never realised that you could do that . Nice feature !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/17/2024 at 4:22 PM, Saturnitis said:

It looks like this region is finally starting to develop again.

Red/Orange is going on the way to to Blue area. 

3713_HMIBC.jpg.d9fc676d0b027b1b3f5a133b1451e852.jpg 

Edited by Sunlive123

definitely looks more exciting than 3712 now.

i dont know how the maths works but its still showing 3713 as less likely to produce a flare than 3712 ,when to my very untrained eye seems to have more complexity

8 hours ago, Prizma1227 said:

definitely looks more exciting than 3712 now.

i dont know how the maths works but its still showing 3713 as less likely to produce a flare than 3712 ,when to my very untrained eye seems to have more complexity

Sunspot from 20 to 49 in 24 hours ! and size *3 from 170 to 460.

10 hours ago, Prizma1227 said:

still showing 3713 as less likely to produce a flare

No deltas as of yet unless the experts here see one starting to form. 

41 minutes ago, mozy said:

This one is starting to look really good indeed.

in the right portion?

56 minutes ago, Yani said:

No deltas as of yet unless the experts here see one starting to form. 

penumbra def. touching but im unsure about a delta. @mozy saying its looking good makes me think i may missed something :D