AR 3712

Loganas

9 minutes ago, Sonnenmaster said:

starkes Wachstum in den letzten Stunden, wie entwickeln sich die Magnetfelder? Da muss doch jetzt mal was in Bewegung kommen...

Das hier ist kein deutsches Forum, bitte kommuniziere auf Englisch 🤗

Just now, mozy said:

Once again we get a M-flare while there's an eruption on the farside..

lol really? Which one started first?

im sorry, my translator always on so i didnt get it that this is english here haha.

-> big size increasemnt the last few hours how does the magnetic fields develop?

Edited by Sonnenmaster
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sonnenmaster said:

im sorry, my translator always on so i didnt get it that this is english here haha.

-> big size increasemnt the last few hours how does the magnetic fields develop?

Personally i think it looked better 3-4 hours ago 

1 hour ago, Sonnenmaster said:

starkes Wachstum in den letzten Stunden, wie entwickeln sich die Magnetfelder? Da muss doch jetzt mal was in Bewegung kommen...

Yes, it is possible. But we only speak English to each other here. Perhaps you just forgot it? - Excuse me. I noticed that you had already corrected yourself before I wrote this comment.

Edited by Х-ray

2 minutes ago, Х-ray said:

Yes, it is possible. But we only speak English to each other here. Perhaps you just forgot it?

He already apologized and gave a solid reason for him accidentally speaking german.. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

He already apologized and gave a solid reason for him accidentally speaking german..

Yes, I noticed this after I wrote my comment. Excuse me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Could always be coincidence, but after three times I'd say the possibility of there being some sympathetic flaring should be considered.

I'm just a layman looking at amazing images so I could just be overly excited ☺️, but it seems to me at times there are reactions on the opposing side of the sun during very similar time frames.  It's very interesting to me.  If I remember correctly, several months, or possibly over a year ago, I read or heard that when a comet hits the sun there is a reaction on the opposite side or maybe in line with the trajectory?  Also very interesting if true.

1 hour ago, Philalethes said:

Could always be coincidence, but after three times I'd say the possibility of there being some sympathetic flaring should be considered.

Yup. Traces certainly tell the tales.  Shock waves perhaps triggered our easily upset AR 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ryno said:

I'm just a layman looking at amazing images so I could just be overly excited ☺️, but it seems to me at times there are reactions on the opposing side of the sun during very similar time frames.  It's very interesting to me.  If I remember correctly, several months, or possibly over a year ago, I read or heard that when a comet hits the sun there is a reaction on the opposite side or maybe in line with the trajectory?  Also very interesting if true.

Flaring on different parts of the surface is generally termed "sympathetic flaring" (for which there's good statistical evidence, although sometimes it's probably coincidental); some investigations into them can be read about here, as well as this one specifically for the long-range ones we seem to have observed recently.

That part about the comet does not sound right to me, so I'd have to see a source on that claim, heh. Keep in mind that comets are extremely tiny compared the the Solar surface as a whole, as you might have seen if you've seen some images with Earth to scale (and comets are way smaller than Earth in turn). If you look at e.g. this video you can see the movement of the granules covering the photosphere, and the entire field of view you're looking at in that video is ~3 times the diameter of Earth, so even the very largest comets would be roughly 1/100 of the width of the view at most, about the size of a single one of those granules.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2024 at 6:37 AM, Philalethes said:

There are a couple of routes you can go. As I mentioned here you can either take it on authority from e.g. SWPC's SRS (Solar Region Summary), which is what's listed here on SWL as well (here, under "size"),.

Bingo! That'll do the trick. 👍