AR 3712

Loganas

56 minutes ago, Miles said:

Looks like 3712 is developing nicely!

Indeed!  All along the leading negative ( red) it appears that we have a positive beginning to intrude unless I am mistaken. 

2 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Indeed!  All along the leading negative ( red) it appears that we have a positive beginning to intrude unless I am mistaken. 

Can you maybe show me the area you mean? Im not very good with verbal instructions 🙈

And im lousy with posting pics Min. Haha.  Why I use my pareidolia like “ crab claw” or like  @arjemma snake socks ( I actually saw booties) to assist others in seeing what I see.  No problem, though I suspect much higher activity soon from this region. Look to the east of the leading neg. You probably will see a delta formation but that is your area of expertise. I am lousy at it unfortunately! Edit. Newbie and Jesterface once saw an evil bunny too.  Two years I wondered wth they meant!  Haha. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Killer Bunnies
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

And im lousy with posting pics Min. Haha.  Why I use my pareidolia like “ crab claw” or like  @arjemma snake socks ( I actually saw booties) to assist others in seeing what I see.  No problem, though I suspect much higher activity soon from this region. Look to the east of the leading neg. You probably will see a delta formation but that is your area of expertise. I am lousy at it unfortunately! Edit. Newbie and Jesterface once saw an evil bunny too.  Two years I wondered wth they meant!  Haha. 

I always confuse neg with pos because the colours confuse me. im such a noob. sorry :D I cant find it. but ill keep my eyes open, thank you for the heads up!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I always confuse neg with pos because the colours confuse me. im such a noob. sorry :D I cant find it. but ill keep my eyes open, thank you for the heads up!

I think @hamateur 1953 is referring to the area inside the circle, right? But the positive area (blue) has no umbra in the intensitygram at this time, so it cant be a delta (correct me if I'm wrong!!)

IMG_20240613_225101.jpg.cf3b5d93568a28826037b8cd16f402f1.jpg

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ester89 said:

I think @hamateur 1953 is referring to the area inside the circle, right? But the positive area (blue) has no umbra in the intensitygram at this time, so it cant be a delta (correct me if I'm wrong!!)

IMG_20240613_225101.jpg.cf3b5d93568a28826037b8cd16f402f1.jpg

I can't see a clear Delta, but...  when you zoom in, in the left upper part of the positive field in your circle, there are really tiny little sunspots growing. There COULD be a Delta soon if they grow. At least they share the same penumbra. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ingolf said:

I can't see a clear Delta, but...  when you zoom in, in the left upper part of the positive field in your circle, there are really tiny little sunspots growing. There COULD be a Delta soon if they grow. At least they share the same penumbra. 

Looks like we could have a small delta forming here

3712_HMIBC(1).jpg.8b8ee6210df752c085d18b3818b724cf.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Loganas said:

Looks like we could have a small delta forming here

3712_HMIBC(1).jpg.8b8ee6210df752c085d18b3818b724cf.jpg

I don't know, saw this before. There is a good dark spot with the negative field. The penumbra includes another dark spot below this. But I can't see a field that belongs to the lower dark spot. If this little sunspots becomes positive there would be a small delta, yes. 

12 minutes ago, Ingolf said:

I don't know, saw this before. There is a good dark spot with the negative field. The penumbra includes another dark spot below this. But I can't see a field that belongs to the lower dark spot. If this little sunspots becomes positive there would be a small delta, yes. 

This little part right here, doesn't look like a delta yet but it's been shifting around.

JHV_2024-06-13_17_40.24-0001.thumb.jpg.27a9b374cbd69ca0f943c6382873a819.jpg

The region is changing quite quickly currently. At the moment it looks for me as if the region possibly wants to merge into a larger connected structure. Perhaps some deltas will form in the process, especially in the area between the larger spots where the penumbra could meet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Misaka said:

The region is changing quite quickly currently. At the moment it looks for me as if the region possibly wants to merge into a larger connected structure. Perhaps some deltas will form in the process, especially in the area between the larger spots where the penumbra could meet.

Nice summary :) could you maybe show me the „area between the larger spots where the penumbra could meet“ ? Visual thinking is not my strong horse. 🐴🌸😅

36 minutes ago, Loganas said:

This little part right here, doesn't look like a delta yet but it's been shifting around.

JHV_2024-06-13_17_40.24-0001.thumb.jpg.27a9b374cbd69ca0f943c6382873a819.jpg

Can you post the link to where you find the up to date images of this sunspot? TIA !