A comet-like object at SOHO LASCO images

astrophotolab
Go to solution Solved by Jesterface23,

Just found a comet-like object at lasco images (also visible at lasco C3 since 10th of june). My very first time when I see how comet appears on images. It is not very bright and huge but still a comet with a tiny tail

IMG_20240611_144512_626.thumb.jpg.8f66b6dd95d21e9b568191bf3ab32703.jpg

Edited by astrophotolab
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

15 minutes ago, astrophotolab said:

Just found a comet-like object at lasco images (also visible at lasco C3 since 10th of june). My very first time when I see how comet appears on images. It is not very bright and huge but still a comet with a tiny tale

IMG_20240611_144512_626.thumb.jpg.8f66b6dd95d21e9b568191bf3ab32703.jpg

What is the probability that it is indeed a comet? Is it possible that this is the output of "heavy particles" - the remnants of the proton ejection of the previous flare? I'm sorry if my question seems silly, I'm just learning to understand sunny weather.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Х-ray said:

What is the probability that it is indeed a comet? Is it possible that this is the output of "heavy particles" - the remnants of the proton ejection of the previous flare? I'm sorry if my question seems silly, I'm just learning to understand sunny weather.

I see how it moves on lasco c3 images and that movement is not typical for high-energy particles. And as I said earlier - it has a tail. 99% chance that this is a comet 

Edited by astrophotolab

5 minutes ago, astrophotolab said:

I see how it moves on lasco c3 images and that movement is not typical for high-energy particles. And as I said earlier - it has a tale. 99% chance that this is a comet

Oh, I see: and it's moving towards the Sun, not away from it. You're probably right. Thank You.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, astrophotolab said:

I see how it moves on lasco c3 images and that movement is not typical for high-energy particles. And as I said earlier - it has a tale. 99% chance that this is a comet 

I thought I saw something on Lasco the past few days as well that looked like a celestial object. I wonder if it is pons/brooks (Mother dragon comet) ?