AR 3709

I think the CME on 01.06 that occurred simultaneously during the X1 and the M7.4 flare of AR3697 could possibly have originated from this region.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 2:24 PM, Miles said:

Looks like there’s more behind the limb yet too!

Area is huge.

Edited by Mangue123

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Manuel said:

Would be cool if 3707, 3708 and 3709 merge together and become one big sunspot.

Merging of 3709 and 3708 is a possibility. Not a high chance at all though because they're too far apart

Edited by merdak
corrected the AR numbers
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think I woke up too late today... I wanted to open this new theme with AR3709.... and it has already been opened. Oops. Good morning (afternoon, evening), people.😊

17 uren geleden, hamateur 1953 zei:

Nice to have new hope!!

Hope, hope,  hope, hope

3708+3709=big sunspot?

Edited by Х-ray

3 hours ago, merdak said:

Looks like this AR hasn't still done showing itself
new positive magnetic area is appearing

w456us5hrthysrthsrh.jpg

Weird. Looks like two active regions with an anti hale. 

19 hours ago, Miles said:

There looks to be a whole lot more to this region than what we see

A beginning of answer here .

ssw_cutout_171_context_full.gif.c46000c959b66384ce7cc74f4b6f10a1.gif

4 hours ago, merdak said:

Looks like this AR hasn't still done showing itself
new positive magnetic area is appearing

Active between 3707 & 3708. 

ssw_cutout_131_context_full.gif

24 minuten geleden, Justanerd zei:

Please stay ON TOPIC!! The topic of this thread is AR 3709 - NOT 3707 or 3708 or sigmoids or whatever other thing is coming to your mind - one thread has already been locked today due to the meandering theorizing and prophecies - PLEASE!! People click on a topic and expect to find discussion and information about THAT TOPIC- not about everything else under or on the sun 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Thanks. I have moved the off topic post to a new topic. @Mangue123 you need to step up your game, please follow the rules, stay on topic. @Justanerd is very much correct here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Justanerd said:

Please stay ON TOPIC!! The topic of this thread is AR 3709 - NOT 3707 or 3708 or sigmoids or whatever other thing is coming to your mind - one thread has already been locked today due to the meandering theorizing and prophecies - PLEASE!! People click on a topic and expect to find discussion and information about THAT TOPIC- not about everything else under or on the sun 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Speak for yourself only. As a follower of forums, it is good to read some new information here. For instance I haven’t thought about sigmoids for a while and seeing it here led me to further research. Also, if you didn’t quote that message I wouldn’t have seen it because it is removed by the mod. It’s sad to see the site is clearly supressing others by either ridiculing or moving their posts to somewhere won’t be seen. 

On 6/7/2024 at 5:50 AM, Justanerd said:

This region poked its head around the corner and introduced itself with dragon fire breath - a M4 flare -this morning. It will be nice to see what it looks like in a day or two…

Could this M4 flare have a effect on the Aurora or where we could possibly see the northern lights in the USA I'm located in Hardin, Illinois close to where the Illinois and Mississippi rivers meet that's the easiest way to find my location on a map. Btw my name is John Scheffel and thanks for the response in advance "Justanerd"

I believe the M4 flare was mostly impulsive and any plasma ejected would have gone to the south and east of the sun - not earth-directed. However, check out the geomagnetic activity forums for more info on CMEs that are currently expected to impact earth today or tonight.

https://community.spaceweatherlive.com/forum/15-geomagnetic-activity/

• Like 1