AR 3699

Looks like it's labeled as 3699 on SWL or am I blind? I am blind sometimes so wouldn't surprise me if I am haha.
It does look like it's named 3696 on the SWPC map as you say though.

Either way it does look interesting.

45 minutes ago, arjemma said:

Looks like it's labeled as 3699 on SWL or am I blind? I am blind sometimes so wouldn't surprise me if I am haha.
It does look like it's named 3696 on the SWPC map as you say though.

Either way it does look interesting.

You’re right, updated the name on the thread.

• Like 1

This spot is 3696 - unless it dissipated, and re-emerged in under 24 hours and was re-labeled, that's the spot in question. 3699 has yet to be applied to a spot, AFAIK

AR_CH_20240530.png

From 22 hours ago, 13696 has rotated to the position this so-called 3699 is now. Probably an error, but I wouldn't have changed the title.

10 minutes ago, Christopher Shriver said:

This spot is 3696 - unless it dissipated, and re-emerged in under 24 hours and was re-labeled, that's the spot in question. 3699 has yet to be applied to a spot, AFAIK

AR_CH_20240530.png

From 22 hours ago, 13696 has rotated to the position this so-called 3699 is now. Probably an error, but I wouldn't have changed the title.

You are probably right. This is confusing cause ESA also labeled it 3699. Must be a data error somewhere in an API that several agencies is using.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Oops I goofed - still something is wrong with this - swl shows 3699 where 3696 used to be and is now shown as a plage on the synoptic map - the synoptic map shows the next region to be named as 3699 as of noon utc 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Edited by Justanerd

1 minute ago, Arman Sargsyan said:

Hey everyone, why  is x1.18 shows unknown? Where is it? Is it earth headed?

Ar3697 and impulsive - meaning not likely to release a CME

• Like 1

Just now, Arman Sargsyan said:

Wait, this little thing created 1.18?

Please use the right topic for the eruption: 

The eruption is not from this region.

35 minutes ago, Justanerd said:

Oops I goofed - still something is wrong with this - swl shows 3699 where 3696 used to be and is now shown as a plage on the synoptic map - the synoptic map shows the next region to be named as 3699 as of noon utc 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

New spot seems to be different. I’m betting there’s some confusion with it and the plage northwest of it which seems to be more magnetically linked to 3698. This confusion seems to be fair, looking at the past 2 days I would’ve anticipated it forming spots over 3699. Final update to the name, sticking with 3699.

35 minutes ago, BasedBenny said:

New spot seems to be different. I’m betting there’s some confusion with it and the plage northwest of it which seems to be more magnetically linked to 3698. This confusion seems to be fair, looking at the past 2 days I would’ve anticipated it forming spots over 3699. Final update to the name, sticking with 3699.

Looking at the position data for the 3696 plage (n08,w00) and the listed ar3699 (n04,w05) right on top of each other 🤷‍♂️