suggestion for app additional feature

Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

Posted (edited)

maybe it is possible to create a column with the calculation of the average number of spots in this month? not 30 days, but the current month. because each time I have to add up all the numbers of spots and divide by the number of days, and this will probably be more convenient 

Edited by tniickck

I dont wanna open another topic, so my wish will be posted here and i hope thats okay for you @tniickck ❤️ great idea by the way. 

make it possible to ignore people or not show their content/comments/ threads :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Solution
4 uren geleden, tniickck zei:

maybe it is possible to create a column with the calculation of the average number of spots in this month? not 30 days, but the current month. because each time I have to add up all the numbers of spots and divide by the number of days, and this will probably be more convenient 

Running average was convenient as there are always 30 days into the calculation. Current month is a more ‘limited’ set but we’ve added it anyway. It will now show for previous month, current month and last 30 days.

3 uren geleden, MinYoongi zei:

make it possible to ignore people or not show their content/comments/ threads :D 

Currently not possible except for a global ban of the user 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Idea : add a push alert related to magnetometer level. Eg : kiruna below -500nT / -1000nT / -1500nT etc...

I dont have experience into aurora, but would it help to not be up all night waiting for "the moment" and finally fall asleep and miss it? Or is Kiruna level just a general indication and  the moment that aurora appears is actually more dependent on the exact place you are? I don't know

Thank you

Edited by Manu

3 uren geleden, Manu zei:

Idea : add a push alert related to magnetometer level. Eg : kiruna below -500nT / -1000nT / -1500nT etc...

I dont have experience into aurora, but would it help to not be up all night waiting for "the moment" and finally fall asleep and miss it? Or is Kiruna level just a general indication and  the moment that aurora appears is actually more dependent on the exact place you are? I don't know

Thank you

We have that in place for the NL/BE users with the levels for photographic and visual Aurora for NL/BE

43 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

We have that in place for the NL/BE users with the levels for photographic and visual Aurora for NL/BE

Ok. I don't know how to access this feature. Can you benefit from it when you are located elsewhere (France)? Thank you

29 minuten geleden, Manu zei:

Ok. I don't know how to access this feature. Can you benefit from it when you are located elsewhere (France)? Thank you

Well we don't know from experience what the thresholds for France might be. For me as a Belgian user I know very well the thresholds where it is possible and from my fellow dutch speaking aurora hunters.  If the theoretical thresholds are known we can do it but we have very limited knowledge to do it for France (also because there is a big difference between Calais and Paris and even further south like Toulouse).

Posted (edited)

Ok thanks.

Actually I would be glad to use the levels relevant for Belgium even if not 100% relevant for France. Is there a way to access this info as an app notification? Basically my idea was to transform the app notification into a wake up alarm by setting the notification volume at maximum on my phone and disabling all other notifications.

Alternatively, the relevant level could be defined by the user.

Edited by Manu

3 minuten geleden, Manu zei:

Actually I would be glad to use the levels relevant for Belgium even if not 100% relevant for France.

Currently it’s country locked to Belgium and Netherlands and in Dutch language. So we can’t add you to the recipients list

4 minuten geleden, Manu zei:

Alternatively, the relevant level could be defined by the user.

User defined thresholds are currently not supported. 

• Thanks 1

I have a whole bunch of ideas for expanding the functionality of the application.  1. add the ability to create desktop widgets.  2. Make it possible for the user to adjust the tape himself, or at least change the indicators in places in the tape.  3. It would be great if it was possible to display several indicators in the status bar.  4. Finally, synchronize UTC with GMT in which the user is located, just for visual comfort.

Zojuist, MoriART zei:

What about others?

Widgets is a requested feature but that development isn’t in yet in my alley unfortunately and it has to be for the two platforms (iOS + Android) which would require us to hire a developer for that with our app supplier. It’s on our board but currently a lower priority.

An idea that would help me and maybe others new to the forum would be a “ Flow Chart”.  To illustrate:  Flare received. 
Then processed sequentially and relevant information distributed down the chain.  
Most people ( myself included) are unaware of the incredible amount of work that must go on behind the scenes to ensure that the results are as accurate as they are rapid.  Tnx Mike. 

An idea that would help me and maybe others new to the forum would be a “ Flow Chart”.  To illustrate:  Flare received. 
Then processed sequentially and relevant information distributed down the chain.  
Most people ( myself included) are unaware of the incredible amount of work that must go on behind the scenes to ensure that the results are as accurate as they are rapid.  Tnx Mike.   Edit:  I will think on this over the next week and work out the idea in a clearer fashion perhaps.  Flow charts are typically used during equipment diagnosis to illustrate what is going on.  Then at the far right results are displayed. If a failure exists at a critical juncture information stops and the process ceases.  Editing again. I saw in one of the threads here a process displayed in an overlay fashion I thought was ingenious but might not be applicable for x flares or particle events.  

Edited by hamateur 1953
Afterthoughts