What are these long and thin eruptions?

Loganas

hey all.

Checking out some data from the past few days I've noticed these long, thin eruption things that seem to be originating from region 3638.

Anyone know if they have a name? I'd love to learn more about them, especially what causes them to be so consistent.

JHV_2024-04-25_02_41.54-0001.jpg.bcb472b0b633b57c6ee87ade2f714dbc.jpg

I will take a shot at it, that should be enough to evoke those who have a better definition haha.   This region appears to be  severely “Magnetically Caged”  I imagine that because of this fact it is only able to squirt plasma through the easiest path to freedom, so to speak.   Mike/Hagrid   Edit: see above for the correct definition haha 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Smarter guy beat me to it
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I will take a shot at it, that should be enough to evoke those who have a better definition haha.   This region appears to be  severely “Magnetically Caged”  I imagine that because of this fact it is only able to squirt plasma through the easiest path to freedom, so to speak.   Mike/Hagrid   Edit: see above for the correct definition haha 

That sounds extremely likely, since the eruptions are following a pretty open magnetic field line.

4 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

That’s a filament eruption

There doesn't seem to be any filaments the eruptions are originating from, just looks like plasma being ejected.

• Like 2

Hey @Loganas I actually thought I saw a filament or perhaps a powdered filament remnant  if there is such a thing, within your circled section after I saw Sander’s remark, so honestly now I am not really sure!  I appreciate your vote of confidence nonetheless. Perhaps another member would weigh in here with an opinion?  

1 hour ago, Loganas said:

That sounds extremely likely, since the eruptions are following a pretty open magnetic field line.

There doesn't seem to be any filaments the eruptions are originating from, just looks like plasma being 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Tagged Loganas