AR 3636

Justanerd

This region is spewing CMEs with even smaller flares - I’m hoping this bodes well for us given the recent impulsive activity - I’m ready to see some real action 😜

• Cool 1

6 hours ago, Justanerd said:

This region is spewing CMEs with even smaller flares - I’m hoping this bodes well for us given the recent impulsive activity - I’m ready to see some real action 😜

Is he really from this area? It looks more like the area that comes behind it on the limb (probably now assigned to AR 3637).

There were quite a few "spits" of filament over the course of the past several days(smaller surface eruptions of some kind) - but a proper CME has not been produced by this region in this rotation. Something in the N hemisphere did produce a small, narrow CME not Earth-directed, not to be confused with this spot. A complex will reveal itself over the coming days that should be much more interesting

• Like 1

I was specifically referring to the 2120 12/4/2024 flare as seen on 304aia with dimming and a CME that appeared to erupt toward the eastern limb… perhaps just wishful thinking on my part but I think this region has more in store for us 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, dave said:

Today's Sun shows 3636 at S59E14. Surely this is a mistake for S14E59?

Sounds like a bit of Lysdexia as all of us humans are subject to.  AI does some funnier ones although they are typically NSFW.  😇Edit:  I was envious of @Kayla Bisson a bit ago when trying to find exactly how far north she really was.  I figured she was in error somehow as she might be in an igloo. We had a good chuckle. No big deal. Later, Mike 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Accident Lat and longitude reversals

I’m truly sorry then. I have embarrassed myself many times here before Kayla!   and texting removes a lot.  Sorry!! Mike/Hagrid  And I can’t do it even using iphone.  I was puzzled was all. Thank You for at least making me better aware of how our remarks good or bad live on.    I too was more aware in the beginning here and hurt by another.  I took a three month lurk to reevaluate.  You may contact me by pm or report any of my posts you feel are inappropriate. This was sheer blindness on my part. And hopefully will not happen again.  
Sincerely. Mike/Hagrid  

Edited by hamateur 1953
Moderated self too late.

1 hour ago, Kayla Bisson said:

I made a mistake while trying to learn

Please, it's nothing at all.
A few years ago, my friends and I organized a geocaching competition for the public. And as organizers, we exchanged N and E coordinates at the two checkpoints. Fortunately the error was only in minutes, degrees were fine. It was difficult trying to get to the site without proper access before the first racer got there. I barely made it. Fortunately, it was only a few km of extra walking and in beautiful countryside, so we were forgiven.

A surveyor from the Czech Republic wishes you a nice day.;):lol:

Edited by Wolf star