Jump to content

A R 3729


TheChef

Recommended Posts

I didn't see a stand alone thread for AR 3729.

It appears to have the overall size to bring some Joy to the activity calendar, if not the current magnetic complexity. What needs to change before we see a big Earth directed CME from this AR?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

While AR3729 hasn't changed its magnetic complexity it has increased in size & it is the current champ in number of individual spots within the overall spot. 

Edited by TheChef
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The overall size of the spot shrunk, as did all Sunspots in the last 24 hours, but the number of individual spots doubled. If the magnetic complexity changes today the possibility of AR3729 showing us some love gets better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Well, Well, Well. I just logged on & got a little surprise. The magnetic complexity of AR3729 appears to have increased to Beta/Gamma  from just Beta. If we all keep our fingers crossed maybe it'll add a delta & give us a show.

edit: it appears I misidentified the magnetic classification. It is Beta/Delta, not Gamma. 

Edited by TheChef
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, TheChef said:

Well, Well, Well. I just logged on & got a little surprise. The magnetic complexity of AR3729 appears to have increased to Beta/Gamma  from just Beta. If we all keep our fingers crossed maybe it'll add a delta & give us a show.

edit: it appears I misidentified the magnetic classification. It is Beta/Delta, not Gamma. 

Heck anything capable of a CME is welcomed during our present lull in activity.  🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Heck anything capable of a CME is welcomed during our present lull in activity.  🤣

You're right! We are all already bored by the lack of active regions! And I really want to cross my fingers: 3729 show me what you can do, bro!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

it has a delta classification now. Got no expectationa for this spot but who knows. maybe it will surprise us with some traditional orthodox behavior on the limb and shoot some away from earth.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, rjbtv said:

it has a delta classification now. Got no expectationa for this spot but who knows. maybe it will surprise us with some traditional orthodox behavior on the limb and shoot some away from earth.

I think an M1 would be a HUGE achievement for AR3729

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

🤣🤣

I wonder if any of the 10 c flares today had any cme's associated with them? It's in a good spot if so!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From 131A pic it got some C class but we need more push to reach us at earth, so step up your AR game,  3729.  😉

Just now, Jay-B said:

I wonder if any of the 10 c flares today had any cme's associated with them? It's in a good spot if so!

Great minds think alike.  Haha

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was going to ask if anyone here has been watching this region via HMI for the last few days.  Seems to have lost its delta for now.  I have been hoping for some consolidation and the like.  Picking up some spots anyway.  Mike. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow! To say that AR2729 pooped out is an understatement. It's shrunk down so far & it's spot count has fallen that it's in danger of disappearing completely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you also agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy.