AR 3728

Go to solution Solved by hamateur 1953,

IMG_9812.thumb.png.8a9dc17fc3362de78e00bc1c0ad9748f.pngCarving another little piece of AR 3723 away, AR 3728 is located south of but between 3723 and 3727.  I wonder how many of this group will make it to center disc…

Edited by Justanerd
Add image
  • Like 1

• Justanerd changed the title to AR 3728
  • Solution

Dunno, but more spots pushes our averages higher.  And 10.7 probably too. We sit at 162 average now per solen on SFI.  For the year.  This month still has time to crack 190 average flux. haha. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I have been watching the incoming limb closely also @Sunlive123  It appears we have another low-latitude region active in C class just behind 3728 due in about two days.  What we read are a few more BGD ARs on our side.  

high latitude today eruption.  But this one direction South. 

CME1.jpeg.a052e1a845abd351a5fdd26492270091.jpeg

CME.jpeg.747c9cb1b3ace9a8285b80d2890b3aee.jpeg

These regularly occur especially during Solar max. Cactus detects them autonomously but doesn’t provide much detail, useful for farside events though.  And we have had a few doozies this cycle.  

• Like 1

Looks as if that south 03 latitude guy received the latest new number.  It’s someone else’s turn to start a thread for it.  Haha. Probably not warrented yet.  Our bgd buddy 3723 seems to be shrinking unfortunately.  😇

56 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Looks as if that south 03 latitude guy received the latest new number.  It’s someone else’s turn to start a thread for it.  Haha. Probably not warrented yet.  Our bgd buddy 3723 seems to be shrinking unfortunately.  😇

The question is: Do we need this thread as long as it is just a small, peaceful and usual Region? Or is the forum's goal to document every Sunspot? In this case let's go ☝️

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ingolf said:

The question is: Do we need this thread as long as it is just a small, peaceful and usual Region? Or is the forum's goal to document every Sunspot? In this case let's go ☝️

I created this thread to document this region as part of the 3723/3727/3728 complex of regions as I saw it. Don’t count any of these regions out yet! Their history has been to grow and change from about center disk and westward from there… until they completely dissolve, dissipate or disappear, there’s always hope 😜🤷‍♂️😂

Edited by Justanerd
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Justanerd said:

I created this thread to document this region as part of the 3723/3727/3728 complex of regions as I saw it. Don’t count any of these regions out yet! Their history has been to grow and change from about center disk and westward from there… until they completely dissolve, dissipate or disappear, there’s always hope 😜🤷‍♂️😂

Maybe I am too bad in reading english 🤪 That was not mentioned to this thread, I read the post from @hamateur 1953 that someone should / could open a thread 3729 (the latest new number).

It’s someone else’s turn to start a thread for it.

Eventually a misunderstanding by me? 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

No @Ingolf  you didn’t misunderstand.  3729 was the fairly active low-latitude region I had some hope for.  Most of these regions were probably associated in some way during prior rotations with the regions listed by @Justanerd Imo and there is also a different perspective between Solen and SWPC regarding these regions if you check STAR  The reason I kinda “ bowed out” was that initially many of us were sitting awaiting the return of the monster which I finally created a thread for.  I’m not superstitious, but maybe I killed it dead!!  Haha. 

Let me add here that I watch 10.7 like a hawk and it appears from those readings alone that we are entering a brief lull in activity.  No sweat there more complexity and larger regions are coming soon, IMO.  Mike/Hagrid 🐈‍⬛

Edited by hamateur 1953
Region errors
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ingolf said:

Maybe I am too bad in reading english 🤪 That was not mentioned to this thread, I read the post from @hamateur 1953 that someone should / could open a thread 3729 (the latest new number).

It’s someone else’s turn to start a thread for it.

Eventually a misunderstanding by me? 

All good! I misunderstood- lol! I’m desperately hoping for one of these regions to pop off at some point! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1