Jump to content

Post CME Arcades


hamateur 1953

Recommended Posts

https://community.spaceweatherlive.com/topic/3040-m68-cme-watch/page/2/#comment-37857

I finally located an older post by member @KW2P which appears to depict post CME arcades discussed earlier and bumped it up because it shows dripping plasma and the enormous arches we have witnessed on the limb after several events.  I thought it was pretty darn cool!  I also hope we get a few more this cycle.   Edit:  I have seen these events called post flare arcades and numerous other things.  They appear typically after a coronal mass ejection and seem to be the restoration of conduction between areas of opposite polarities. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Clarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I think we actually have these going on currently on the west limb from an extended flare from AR 13712. so I decided to bump this topic forward.  

Edited by hamateur 1953
Region
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I think we actually have these going on currently on the west limb from an extended flare from AR 13712. so I decided to bump this topic forward.  

The extended Flare is what was shining the whole day above that region? It looked like the lower part is just missing there 🔥🤷‍♂️ I was asking myself all day long what it is. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have seen at least two similar limb events.  Very rich in x ray flux. In one case they lasted about two days on the incoming limb and could be viewed quite easily.  Very impressive. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I have seen at least two similar limb events.  Very rich in x ray flux. In one case they lasted about two days on the incoming limb and could be viewed quite easily.  Very impressive. 

Do you think the CME Arcades are responsible for today's X Flux around M level?

 

Update

BTW, the linked video is super cool. It looks so unreal and impressive. 

Edited by Ingolf
Update
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ingolf said:

Do you think the CME Arcades are responsible for today's X Flux around M level?

Seems likely, although the incoming limb is most certainly contributing as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Seems likely, although the incoming limb is most certainly contributing as well. 

That's what I expected at first, that our good old round 3 region is finally a little bit more over the limb and caused the rising x ray flux, but one told me that this is not the case. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s probably a contest at this point. Haha. I’m waiting for SWPC to name the new region ( probably 3727) so the latitude will be confirmed as our former star of SC 25.  😇

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

It’s probably a contest at this point. Haha. I’m waiting for SWPC to name the new region ( probably 3727) so the latitude will be confirmed as our former star of SC 25.  😇

Off topic but need to tell, I think it will be 3727, too. And I must laugh a lot every time I think about 3727 and the race for creating the AR 3727 thread just a millisecond after SWPC released the name 🤷‍♂️😂😂 don't blame me laughing and waiting. Hopefully without any escalations this time. 

Back to the Arcades Sir 🫡

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hey @MinYoongi I refuse to start the thread.  Haha. Have you got the topic already saved and ready to post??  I love it. Soo funny.  Mike   Sander and Marcel may need fire extinguishers when thirty of us simultaneously post 13727 topic.  🤣🤣😇

56 minutes ago, Ingolf said:

Do you think the CME Arcades are responsible for today's X Flux around M level?

 

Update

BTW, the linked video is super cool. It looks so unreal and impressive. 

I’m glad you liked it @Ingolf  appreciate the remark.  The dripping plasma was what I really enjoyed.  To imagine that we are watching electrons dripping is just amazing to me!  

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I’m glad you liked it @Ingolf  appreciate the remark.  The dripping plasma was what I really enjoyed.  To imagine that we are watching electrons dripping is just amazing to me!  

Yes, that dripping plasma was stunning. The moment when planet earth showed up for size comparison knocked me out. Imagine how it would look like to see an plasma dripping arc with the size three or four times bigger than the earth. You look up in the sky and see this... Crazy. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Hey @MinYoongi I refuse to start the thread.  Haha. Have you got the topic already saved and ready to post??  I love it. Soo funny.  Mike   Sander and Marcel may need fire extinguishers when thirty of us simultaneously post 13727 topic.  🤣🤣😇

I’m glad you liked it @Ingolf  appreciate the remark.  The dripping plasma was what I really enjoyed.  To imagine that we are watching electrons dripping is just amazing to me!  

Hahaha! I will wait for someone else to open it. im scared too! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you also agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy.