Simultaneous Power Grid Failure/Blackout in couple of Balkan countries - first time in recorded history

Tepa309
Go to solution Solved by Tepa309,

Hello ,

I am completely oblivious on how to observe solar flares and if any impact happened or is going to happen, so i ask you good people of this site for help.

Is anybody able to see any anomalies or impacts in the region of Balkans, since we just experienced hours long power grid collapse in Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro out of nowhere at the same time. This never happened in recorded history of our countries. Sky has been white and dusty for past two days, we are experiencing temps from 37 - 40 Celsius.

Thank you in advance.

11 minutes ago, Tepa309 said:

Hello ,

I am completely oblivious on how to observe solar flares and if any impact happened or is going to happen, so i ask you good people of this site for help.

Is anybody able to see any anomalies or impacts in the region of Balkans, since we just experienced hours long power grid collapse in Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro out of nowhere at the same time. This never happened in recorded history of our countries. Sky has been white and dusty for past two days, we are experiencing temps from 37 - 40 Celsius.

Thank you in advance.

Heat has driven more people to use electricity and demands higher than supply afaik

Blame good ol fashioned climate change 

Edited by Sagatha
  • Like 4

Sounds like a normal summer day in Australia ;)

on topic though this has nothing to do with solar weather. sand and hot air was pushed from africa into the balkans causing the heat.

as Sagatha said most likely higher draw due to people putting on airconditioners ect overloaded the grid

• Like 1

Its because of the Heatwave. It caused more energy consumption in some neighbouring countries. There is no spaceweather impact at all at the moment, let alone one that could produce blackouts.

• Like 1

• Solution

Turns out it was a fire in Montenegro on one of the power lines that crashed the whole region.

Thank you all for trying to help, it just sounded like a solar flare event so i wanted to make sure !

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tepa309 said:

Turns out it was a fire in Montenegro on one of the power lines that crashed the whole region.

Thank you all for trying to help, it just sounded like a solar flare event so i wanted to make sure !

Stay with us, there are a lot of interesting things here and most importantly a lot of interesting and smart people.😊

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Prizma1227 said:

Sounds like a normal summer day in Australia ;)

Totally a normal Aussie day, right down to a fire inconveniencing everyone 

3 minutes ago, CMX said:

solar maximum is over.

Ain't it too early for them to make that call? 

Sunspots may occur, but the era of big explosions is over.

10 minutes ago, Sagatha said:

Bu aramayı yapmaları için henüz çok erken değil mi? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CMX said:

Sunspots may occur, but the era of big explosions is over.

I hope you're wrong only because I brought a new camera recently and don't want to wait 11 years for the best chance to see an aurora again 

5 minutes ago, Sagatha said:

I hope you're wrong only because I brought a new camera recently and don't want to wait 11 years for the best chance to see an aurora again 

The magnetic effects of solar flares had already diminished considerably for some time. I don't know what will happen in 11 years, but I don't think there will be an aurora anytime soon. There were times when geomagnetic storms occurred without a solar flare. I don't think this will happen anymore.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, CMX said:

The magnetic effects of solar flares had already diminished considerably for some time. I don't know what will happen in 11 years, but I don't think there will be an aurora anytime soon. There were times when geomagnetic storms occurred without a solar flare. I don't think this will happen anymore.

I read it again and again. Thought there could be a language translation thing that confuses me. But obviously no, your text is confusing me. What do you mean with "there was a time when..." 

We know what causes Aurora. It doesn't need a flare, regular solar wind is an option, too. 

Even when the maximun is passed right now, statistically the most strongest Flares occur with the downslope of the peak. 

What are you talking about? Can you precise it please? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sagatha said:

Definitely is wrong. I'm sure you'll see Aurora before 2025.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ingolf said:

Tekrar tekrar okudum. Kafamı karıştıran bir dil çeviri olayı olabileceğini düşündüm. Ama açıkçası hayır, metniniz kafamı karıştırıyor. "Bir zamanlar vardı..." derken ne demek istiyorsun? 

Aurora'ya neyin sebep olduğunu biliyoruz. Parlamaya ihtiyacı yok, düzenli güneş rüzgarı da bir seçenek. 

Maksimum şu anda geçilse bile, istatistiksel olarak en güçlü Parlamalar zirvenin aşağı eğiminde meydana gelir. 

Neden bahsediyorsun? Lütfen kesin olarak söyleyebilir misiniz? 

35 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

Kesinlikle yanlıştır. Aurora'yı 2025'ten önce göreceğinize eminim.

60-day KP index. There were many large flares and charged particles last month, but the KP index remained at levels of 1, 2, or 3.

kp.PNG

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Marcel de Bont said:

Konunun dışına çıkarak konuyu tamamen saptırıyorsunuz ama aynı zamanda çok yanılıyorsunuz. Güneş maksimumunun tam olarak ne zaman olduğunu kimse bilmiyor ama tahmin edilen maksimum değerin hemen yakınındayız. Ayrıca maksimumdan sonra solar minimuma ulaşmamız için hala yıllarımız olacak ve solar minimuma ulaşmadan önce keyif almamız için fazlasıyla X sınıfı güneş patlamaları olacak. Saçma sapan paylaşımlar yapıyorsunuz.

Yes, the topic has strayed "a little", but the reason for opening the topic was the question of solar activity, so I wanted to say that there will be no major activity. Let time show who is right or nonsense.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CMX said:

Yes, the topic has strayed "a little", but the reason for opening the topic was the question of solar activity, so I wanted to say that there will be no major activity. Let time show who is right or nonsense.

Historically, time already has you beat friend

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CMX said:

60-day KP index. There were many large flares and charged particles last month, but the KP index remained at levels of 1, 2, or 3.

kp.PNG

Maybe I know where your mistake is, what your are saying is the case that every flare would be earth directed. 

You can't use Kp index in correlation with sun activity. Kp index is about our planet.

The sun could be on the highest activity ever, if there is no earth directed component the Kp index will stay low. And vice versa. 

Take a look at the large flares of last month and you will see why the Kp index was low. Additionally it needs CME, no CME no fun. We had a lot earth directed impulsive x flares this year with no impact because of missing CME

And my opinion about saying "the time will show if I am right" is a typical unproven theory phrase. One only say this when nothing more is left in a discussion. 

Sorry for off topic. 

Edited by Ingolf
Typo