AR 13695

Interesting burst from this region, seemingly out of nowhere. Looks somewhat eruptive too, although perhaps not anything launched into interplanetary space; looks fairly spectacular in 304 Å.

• Like 3

Stunning, you can see a small little filament lifting off triggering the whole area, maybe a hint of something underneath brewing ready to start growing 🤔

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Philalethes said:

Interesting burst from this region, seemingly out of nowhere. Looks somewhat eruptive too, although perhaps not anything launched into interplanetary space; looks fairly spectacular in 304 Å.

i saw this too. pretty, but based on trajectory i suppose its not earth directed? (likely)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mozy said:

maybe a hint of something underneath brewing ready to start growing

Yeah, I was about to suggest this myself, but it's hard to say; one can hope. Too bad it's leaving soon, but we'll get a few more days of observing it before then.

• Like 1

3698 AND 3699 flared up at exactly the same time as well, smaller obviously.  Like perfectly timed.  Pretty deep instability?  I dont really understand the normality of such events, but its quite interesting! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

i saw this too. pretty, but based on trajectory i suppose its not earth directed? (likely)

From how most of the plasma plummeted back down I'm not even sure any of it left the corona at all, but maybe we'll see some slow-moving CME when more LASCO imagery comes in.

Interestingly, this is not even the first M flare from this rather inconspicuous region. The region had already made an M1.8 flare on 29.05.
To me it looks like it was a "joint" flare with AR 3691 due to the loop that connects both regions. 😄

• Like 2

That M-Flare really came out of nothing. I dont think it will evolve much yet. 
If we are lucky it will grow on the backside to then come back way bigger with good X-Flare prob. etc.
Very unlikly but as AR3697 will not survive one more turn around the backside of the sun his looks like a solid option.