Region 3697 2024/05/29 CME

• Jesterface23 changed the title to Region 3697 2024/05/29 CME

It has an Earth-directed component, but an arrival is unlikely. I've calculated an estimated arrival late on the 1st to early on the 2nd, but the travel time could go back as far to the end of the 2nd due to the position of the CME. I would only go with G1 possible if by chance it arrives early.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

So I sleep through a G4 and hear nothing but whining forever from all of my friends who missed the epic storm on May 10-11. 2003 repeats itself.  Fortunately I didn’t sleep through May 10-11. Never again.  I’ll be watching the Kiruna magnetometer at the very least this time.  Btw. Does anyone know how low Kiruna went ( off-topic I know) but I swear I saw it hit -1400 during March 2023 Kp-8. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Question
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Así que duermo con un G4 y no escucho más que quejas eternas de todos mis amigos que se perdieron la tormenta épica del 10 y 11 de mayo. 2003 se repite. Afortunadamente no dormí durante el 10 y 11 de mayo. Nunca más. Al menos esta vez estaré observando el magnetómetro de Kiruna. Por cierto. ¿Alguien sabe qué tan bajo llegó Kiruna (fuera de tema, lo sé), pero juro que lo vi alcanzar -1400 durante marzo de 2023 Kp-8? 

In fact, on March 2023, the Kiruna magnetometer arrived I think 1825 or 1845 at a kp 9-chart (10).png

• Like 2

I literally cant decipher the synoptic map. how much X% does this region have now? How does it look to you guys? I can see a delta, did not change too much in my opinion. love to hear yours

9 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I literally cant decipher the synoptic map. how much X% does this region have now? How does it look to you guys?

To me it looks like it's 30%. That's also what it says on SWL.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

The chances of getting hit by these kinds of glancing blows are pretty much 50/50. It might have a better chance of arriving as a CME/SIR, if it does arrive.

Nice! 

I was rather talking about magnetic complexity though haha