Thread/Topic search

Excuse me if I'm the problem and doing something wrong, but why cant i find specific topics by looking up 1-2 words that are included in the title? Currently I'm searching for the "Show me the Deltas" Topic that @hamateur 1953 opened sometime last year i believe, but whenever i search for it it either gives me nothing or various threads with the word delta or show in it, even when selecting "topics" . 

16 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Excuse me if I'm the problem and doing something wrong, but why cant i find specific topics by looking up 1-2 words that are included in the title? Currently I'm searching for the "Show me the Deltas" Topic that @hamateur 1953 opened sometime last year i believe, but whenever i search for it it either gives me nothing or various threads with the word delta or show in it, even when selecting "topics" . 

@Sam Warfel pulled it forward awhile ago.   It was a thread started by the late @WildWill some time back if this helps you.  It was an excellent thread although somewhat contentious at times.  I’d bet @Philalethes remembers this.  I stayed out of it cuz to this date I still have difficulty!! Haha. Later Min. Mike. 

If you check out the "More search options" you can search for titles exclusively by checking that option; you can also put your search in quotes like you would on Google and other search engines to search for the exact phrase. In both cases the thread pops up (it's here).

22 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

@Sam Warfel pulled it forward awhile ago.   It was a thread started by the late @WildWill some time back if this helps you.  It was an excellent thread although somewhat contentious at times.  I’d bet @Philalethes remembers this.  I stayed out of it cuz to this date I still have difficulty!! Haha. Later Min. Mike. 

He really did get a bit on my nerves there, heh. But he did seem like a good guy all in all, and he had a lot of valuable insights in other topics, as well as some very interesting references to early space weather literature; and I also did enjoy reports of his own observations with his telescope, in science there's always something extra to be said for making your own observations "in the field", even in an age where we're already drowning in data to analyze.

• Like 2