News Reporting 'High Chance Of Aurora's This Weekend

Tad confused over where they're pulling this data from but one of the news networks in the UK are getting massive amounts of clicks by telling people it'll be the same as last Friday, where on earth are they pulling this data from and is there any merit behind this? 

From what I've seen even if there is aurorae activity it doesn't look like it'll be as high as Friday last week and I doubt it'll come down as far down south again. 

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ElementalAnarchy said:

Tad confused over where they're pulling this data from but one of the news networks in the UK are getting massive amounts of clicks by telling people it'll be the same as last Friday, where on earth are they pulling this data from and is there any merit behind this? 

From what I've seen even if there is aurorae activity it doesn't look like it'll be as high as Friday last week and I doubt it'll come down as far down south again. 

Thanks in advance for any replies.

If it's the article from the independent it's actually from last weekend and was just updated recently which is misleading, if they go back to fix a typo or anything it make it look more current, they likely did it deliberately to cause confusion and get clicks

Edited by StargazingHippy

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StargazingHippy said:

If it's the article from the independent it's actually from last weekend and was just updated recently which is misleading, if they go back to fix a typo or anything it make it look more current, they likely did it deliberately to cause confusion and get clicks

L'Indépendant (french version) today announced another geomagnetic storm to come for Wednesday. I wanted to contact them because it seems they mixed up everything by thinking every X class solar flare will produce northern lights on earth at low latitudes...

Edited by MasterOfTheSun777
Typo and other corrections

On 5/14/2024 at 4:11 PM, mozy said:

Yeah no that is definitely not happening, mind linking the source? 

On 5/14/2024 at 4:50 PM, MinYoongi said:

Expose them 💀

Must be some tabloid

Went to link it and I can't find it anywhere on their original site or google, I think they've realised it's not going to happen and pulled the page pretty quick. It was up for around a day or two and now it's completely gone. They were claiming it was "highly likely this weekend was going to give another great showing" -paraphrased 

Glad they've pulled it but you're right, it was obviously just for clicks. 

• Like 1