Total Beginner

On 5/12/2024 at 9:30 AM, ElementalAnarchy said:

I am a total beginner here but my father used to use radio and I am interested in getting set up. Where am I best starting, any advice is greatly appreciated thank you.

You didn’t indicate your geographic location, but no problem!  In the USA try the ARRL American Radio Relay League.  Across the pond: RSGB is the site. Australia must have one but I am embarrassed in not knowing it!  Others here should however. 73 Mike N7ORL 

Posted (edited)

They even have two, the People's Front of Judea and Judean People's Front Wireless Institue and the Radio Amateur Society of Australia.

I performed a quick google search for "ARC Cambridge" and found out that ARC does not only stand for Amateur Radio Club, but also for autism research centre. Anyway, in a city like Cambridge, there must be at least one local ARC.

Ahoi

Pom

Edited by Pom

11 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

You didn’t indicate your geographic location, but no problem!  In the USA try the ARRL American Radio Relay League.  Across the pond: RSGB is the site. Australia must have one but I am embarrassed in not knowing it!  Others here should however. 73 Mike N7ORL 

Oh that would have been far too helpful wouldn't it! I am in the UK.

I also asked my dad who let me know whilst he had the licence he never did anything with it which is why I haven't asked him for any help.

5 hours ago, Pom said:

They even have two, the People's Front of Judea and Judean People's Front Wireless Institue and the Radio Amateur Society of Australia.

I performed a quick google search for "ARC Cambridge" and found out that ARC does not only stand for Amateur Radio Club, but also for autism research centre. Anyway, in a city like Cambridge, there must be at least one local ARC.

Ahoi

Pom

Fab I'll do a quick dig around and see if I can find any local ARC groups, thank you. (Also how do you strike out?) 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ElementalAnarchy said:

Oh that would have been far too helpful wouldn't it! I am in the UK.

I also asked my dad who let me know whilst he had the licence he never did anything with it which is why I haven't asked him for any help.

Fab I'll do a quick dig around and see if I can find any local ARC groups, thank you. (Also how do you strike out?) 

Strike out?  You are too spontaneous and laugh out loud too much like me and run outta reactions!!  Haha 

• Haha 1