AR3664

Go to solution Solved by Adohran,
Message added by Sam Warfel,

Reminder: this thread is for solar activity like flares and CMEs launching from the sunspot.
To discuss the CME's travel or impacts on Earth, please move to this thread in the geomagnetic activity forums.
Thanks!

1 minute ago, mozy said:

Well usually that is the case, but It's showing really well on this 131A too, atleast it looks decent for now.

2 minutes ago, SamDieGurke said:

Oh this one actually looks promising, seems to go directly towards us too judging by SUVI alone, gotta wait for LASCO though?

Edit: ok 195A actually Shows slight dimming to the south only but hey.

i was confused by slight dimming south on 195 too, is it good now or not? 🤔 and yes always wait for lasco

but it does not hurt and its always nice to speculate here :) hehe

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

i was confused by slight dimming south on 195 too, is it good now or not? 🤔 and yes always wait for lasco

but it does not hurt and its always nice to speculate here :) hehe

You always start to speculate too early before the flares even peak 😅
But it does look good.

1 minute ago, mozy said:

You always start to speculate too early before the flares even peak 😅
But it does look good.

im sorry :( did not wanna upset anyone. i know im too quick

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, tniickck said:

ejecta finally. looks southward

You can see it blast in every direction though, certainly earth directed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mozy said:

You can see it blast in every direction though, certainly earth directed.

yes wanted to say the same, so def. an earth directed part with the bulk going south? i think for this one 131 is actually better :D (for once) 

@MinYoongi Maybe you can check for your post eruption loops once the flare/brightness has calmed down a little 😎

Though it might be a bit harder to see since it's directly earth facing & it might keep flaring.

Just now, mozy said:

@MinYoongi Maybe you can check for your post eruption loops once the flare/brightness has calmed down a little 😎

Though it might be a bit harder to see since it's directly earth facing & it might keep flaring.

i will take a look! Thats something i enjoy watching after flares ever since @arjemma told me about them on here.

Is solardemon working for you @tniickck ? to me it does not play the gifs. (on desktop currently) 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Not necessarily a really strong eruption, 

really? i thought because its long duration it would be automatically very strong/good.

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

really? i thought because its long duration it would be automatically very strong/good.

We've seen long-duration flares in the past without any eruption at all, so I don't think that's always the case. Just barely an X-flare in this case too. Can't be quite sure yet though, we'll need some coronagrams first at least.

Just now, Philalethes said:

We've seen long-duration flares in the past without any eruption at all, so I don't think that's always the case. Just barely an X-flare in this case too. Can't be quite sure yet though, we'll need some coronagrams first at least.

Its on stereo.

@Landon Moeller said its earth directed but not super fast. :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mozy said:

We have another big flare, peaking at M 7.2

I wondered already if its from this region or the other.

Just now, Aten said:

Looks like we just got another flare and cme from this region.

where do you see a 2nd CME? My suvi seems not to be updated that far.

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

where do you see a 2nd CME? My suvi seems not to be updated that far.

I'm an idiot, I saw the eruption from the X1 flare and thought it was from this flare. My bad 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

Is solardemon working for you @tniickck ? to me it does not play the gifs. (on desktop currently) 

Solardemon working perfectly here, all features, manual stepping of animations, etc. Can't imagine why it's not working for you if other animations do work.

Setup here is Linux Mint and Firefox.

Just now, KW2P said:

Solardemon working perfectly here, all features, manual stepping of animations, etc. Can't imagine why it's not working for you if other animations do work.

Setup here is Linux Mint and Firefox.

probably my desktop 🙂 thank you for the feedback!

2 minutes ago, Aten said:

I'm an idiot, I saw the eruption from the X1 flare and thought it was from this flare. My bad 😅

happens to the best!

• Like 1