AR3664

Go to solution Solved by Adohran,
Message added by Sam Warfel,

Reminder: this thread is for solar activity like flares and CMEs launching from the sunspot.
To discuss the CME's travel or impacts on Earth, please move to this thread in the geomagnetic activity forums.
Thanks!

1 hour ago, hamateur 1953 said:

It looks as though we have a AR race for area.  3664 has practically doubled in area since last update.  Both ARs are presently at 580 millionths. The delta in 64 isn’t as productive as 3663 clearly, but it also seems to have increased in size and intensity.  

when is "last update" ? Update from noaa, here? its a bit unclear for me :) 

d6c76640b2b148f911e28cd9fbfcc157.pngeb945dde50890fa2e8fc20d7849fc4f1.png

Are those the deltas in this region? :) can someone confirm for me that i did it right? :) 

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

Dunno Min. Within 24 hrs?  It is the weekend still in the USA. Monday in Australia.   Perhaps another person  knows the relative frequency of MH updates.  

1 minute ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Dunno Min. Within 24 hrs?  It is the weekend still in the USA. Monday in Australia.   Perhaps another person  knows the relative frequency of MH updates.  

Okay! I thought its a specific update hehe :D 

Still a good point.  Anyway as far as deltas go… IMO only if it ain’t producing much, I tend to disregard it. 
We have seen BGD cross our entire field at least once that I recall. The one in 3663 clearly has a couple, or did last HMI and we all await something with massive escape velocity, hopefully in our direction this time ifya please! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Okay! I thought its a specific update hehe :D 

SWPC normally updates Sunspot classification once per 24hr at 0030Z 🙂

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, WhereingtonEvent said:

I have never seen the x flare probability at 50%. I was shocked a month or two ago when it was at 45% with the last big spot. Is this group worth getting excited over? 

It WAS worth getting excited over. I don’t know if it’ll get active again but it seems to have left its active period, and its complex regions are almost no more, according to HMI.

Edited by chronical
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

d6c76640b2b148f911e28cd9fbfcc157.pngeb945dde50890fa2e8fc20d7849fc4f1.png

Are those the deltas in this region? :) can someone confirm for me that i did it right? :) 

Yes those are the deltas, but they're weak

9fd14d9f598fcd14fdb36f1430846115.png

this seems to be the current delta.

one could argue that the spot to the top most left could be one too, but the penumbras are barely touching so im not counting it.

39 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

one could argue that the spot to the top most left could be one too, but the penumbras are barely touching so im not counting it.

Top most left spot will be something to watch shortly since it has been zooming towards that area since it started forming, still moving to the right.

1 hour ago, mozy said:

Top most left spot will be something to watch shortly since it has been zooming towards that area since it started forming, still moving to the right.

nice, thank you for telling me what to look out for!

10 minutes ago, chronical said:

This makes three potential flare sources on the sunspot group for now, or soon at most .

I agree. Unless the 2 positive spots connecting to the negative on the right side count as 2?

12 minutes ago, chronical said:

I think we have a new delta to look out for! 

https://gyazo.com/4729663b08dae1d70e92de376b5ede2f

https://gyazo.com/f2adb315614cf964f876200556876bd7

This makes three potential flare sources on the sunspot group for now, or soon at most .

Mozy said its not a delta in this region but its own region :D  should we still use this topic for it because its right beside? If it gets assigned a number, the topic name could be changed.

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Mozy said its not a delta in this region but its own region :D  should we still use this topic for it because its right beside? If it gets assigned a number, the topic name could be changed.

I'd feel okey using this thread for now atleast, if it gets assigned as Its own region we can always swap later on.

18 minutes ago, mozy said:

I'd feel okey using this thread for now atleast, if it gets assigned as Its own region we can always swap later on.

Oh, so it would kind of be part of AR3668 or it’s not part of that group either?

Just now, chronical said:

Oh, so it would kind of be part of AR3668 or it’s not part of that group either?

That I'm not sure of, It's kinda in an awkward spot atm :D

20 minutes ago, mozy said:

yep! nice we all agree 🆒 😎

i do see a bit dimming south, maybe just movement. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jay-B said:

It looks like that area is getting ready for something big

Screenshot_20240506_212010_Chrome~2.jpg

Flaring currently. What does „something big“ mean and why does it look like that to you? 

https://gyazo.com/535cfcdd8aa6925092f2384d1a13ab9a

here is a suvi 195 video going back and forth. there is dimming but i need help in determining if thats a proper cme and earth directed, and if how much etc. or if its a case of "not interesting enough, not big/fast enough" or anything. :) 

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Its currently available separately as you probably know as 68 but not shown as A BD either so it makes sense to me to stay with 3664 Min . 

• Like 1