AR3664

Go to solution Solved by Adohran,
Message added by Sam Warfel,

Reminder: this thread is for solar activity like flares and CMEs launching from the sunspot.
To discuss the CME's travel or impacts on Earth, please move to this thread in the geomagnetic activity forums.
Thanks!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jay-B said:

It looks like this sunspot now has a delta configuration!

I agree, I had to look a bit to see what you meant.  The blue positive region now has an intruder as well.  Maybe that’s what was just the mid C level on the flux ramp too.  Gonna check.  Well not the most recent C class however responsible for two M class and at least two mid level c class according to solar soft.  Bears watching. Good call.  Mike

Edited by hamateur 1953
Solar soft check
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Justanerd said:

Isn’t this the third iteration of this region - including being led by a CH again?

It very well could be. It would be so cool if we could get a satellite stationed at Lagrange point 3 so we can see what happens on the back side of the sun!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Jay-B said:

It very well could be. It would be so cool if we could get a satellite stationed at Lagrange point 3 so we can see what happens on the back side of the sun!

If i remember correctly, a replacement mission for stereo a-b is not planned, so sad :( 

Posted (edited)

Well there is certainly disagreement on which region spit the x class. Solar  ham and solar soft have the X being 3663 and swpc has it as this region 3664. Quite a distance apart and different hemispheres too.  I cannot tell myself looking at the SDO 131 movie either!   Haha.  

Edited by hamateur 1953
Typo

Just now, hamateur 1953 said:

Well there is certainly disagreement on which region spit the x class. Sloar ham and solar soft have the X being 3663 and swpc has it as this region 3664. Quite a distance apart and different hemispheres too.  I cannot tell myself looking at the SDO 131 movie either!   Haha.  

Which UTC time was it? I will take a look. just woke up so excuse my unpreparedness :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I didn’t look Min. Sorry 

if you mean the 6 UTC one, id say its from this region rather than the other :) 

currently an X flare ongoing X1.1

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

if you mean the 6 UTC one, id say its from this region rather than the other :) 

currently an X flare ongoing X1.1

I saw as I was replying. Cracked me up laughing 

38 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

me too :) Haha. its from this region too btw! :D 

@mozy do you see the slight movement too? 195A

This is the wrong thread :P

• Haha 1

Something seems to have launched near 3664, I can see it on AIA 193, and dimming is present. Seems like the M2 right before 3663's M7 lifted things up, then another eruption which I haven't yet associated launched the stuff, but I am uncertain of that. Could someone verify what I'm seeing?

4 minutes ago, chronical said:

Something seems to have launched near 3664, I can see it on AIA 193, and dimming is present. Seems like the M2 right before 3663's M7 lifted things up, then another eruption which I haven't yet associated launched the stuff, but I am uncertain of that. Could someone verify what I'm seeing?

im seeing movement too. here is a video : klick me :) 

i played suvi 195 back and forth a couple times maybe this can help you determine if theres something. i see movement but i dont know if its a CME launch. maybe @Jesterface23 @mozy or @hamateur 1953 know

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

im seeing movement too. here is a video : klick me :) 

i played suvi 195 back and forth a couple times maybe this can help you determine if theres something. i see movement but i dont know if its a CME launch. maybe @Jesterface23 @mozy or @hamateur 1953 know

Does indeed look like something, rather sneaky looking.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

15 minutes ago, mozy said:

Does indeed look like something, rather sneaky looking.

rather sneaky looking? 

8204e694faf60f7b72f3d626f743567c.png

this occured after the movement. i dont know what it is exactly, could be post flare arcades of some form?

A mayan ghost perhaps??

55 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

rather sneaky looking? 

8204e694faf60f7b72f3d626f743567c.png

this occured after the movement. i dont know what it is exactly, could be post flare arcades of some form?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

i wonder if there was a cme worth talking about now or not ? 

People will start talking about it after it hits earth and start acting surprised where it came from and Tamitha will go live and say it was a stealth CME, classic 😅

Jokes aside, I do think there might be something coming, but we can't know yet ofc :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mozy said:

People will start talking about it after it hits earth and start acting surprised where it came from and Tamitha will go live and say it was a stealth CME, classic 😅

Jokes aside, I do think there might be something coming, but we can't know yet ofc :D

I wouldnt say its stealth lol^^ cant stereo-a maybe help? whats your personal thought, glance or minor or proper cme? :) of course all just speculation without Lasco. Btw, could this outage be the 3 month calibrating stuff? i found no news at all..

update: Oh, stereo is not updated right now. how annoying

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I wouldnt say its stealth lol^^ cant stereo-a maybe help? whats your personal thought, glance or minor or proper cme? :) of course all just speculation without Lasco. Btw, could this outage be the 3 month calibrating stuff? i found no news at all..

update: Oh, stereo is not updated right now. how annoying

No clue tbh

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

This is on SOHO's page, no clue if it is new.

NOTICE: Due to a recent migration to a new hardware and operating system platform, we have experienced problems migrating the software and libraries that generate the MPEG movies for this page. We are working on porting the software and we hope to have a working version soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

This note actually looks to have been there a while looking at Wayback.

Edited by Jesterface23
  • Thanks 1

It looks as though we have a AR race for area.  3664 has practically doubled in area since last update.  Both ARs are presently at 580 millionths. The delta in 64 isn’t as productive as 3663 clearly, but it also seems to have increased in size and intensity.  

• Like 2
  • Cool 1