AR3663

2 minutes ago, mozy said:

Peaking at M 9.1, just like the last big M-flare.

do you think its eruptive? I know we talked about double flares and eruptiveness a while ago :) :) 

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

do you think its eruptive? I know we talked about double flares and eruptiveness a while ago :) :) 

No, looks boring

3 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

It's bound to break that X-class barrier again soon if it keeps on going

Why?

Btw: Is there a big difference between M9 and X1 ? Or is it like M8 to M9 ?

7 minutes ago, mozy said:

No, looks boring

caging you think?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

caging you think?

No, just not enough oomph to shoot something out during this event, slow riser with double peak.

Looks like something is trying to start lifting now after the flare, maybe we'll have another flare with an actual eruption if it keeps lifting.

Edited by mozy
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Why?

caging you think?

X1 is like M10 as far as I understand it, the distancing between each one, like from M1 to M2 and from M8 to M9 seems to be logarithmic as far as I know. When it comes to scaling.

Edited by Adohran

4 minutes ago, Adohran said:

X1 is like M10 as far as I understand it, the distancing between each one, like from M1 to M2 and from M8 to M9 seems to be logarithmic as far as I know. When it comes to scaling.

thank you. :) i felt kinda silly asking this^^ 

23 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Why?

It is pretty active right now. The shortwave X-ray flux is holding up around the C-class level for a decent amount of time

Just now, Jesterface23 said:

It is pretty active right now. The shortwave X-ray flux is holding up around the C-class level for a decent amount of time

i always wanted to read more about shortwaves since i dont really understand them. :) Thanks for giving me impetus on that

5 minutes ago, SamDieGurke said:

It seems like its trying not to drop to C X-Ray flux again haha, almost constant M in the last 2 hours

2 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Possibly post flare arcades. Haven’t looked at 131Å though.  

That could be, @hamateur 1953. i dont know how to differenciate them from regular magnetic loops though. :( 

2 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Possibly post flare arcades. Haven’t looked at 131Å though.  

You wont have post flare arcades with an event that's not eruptive.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

That could be, @hamateur 1953. i dont know how to differenciate them from regular magnetic loops though. :( 

Its tough looking directly at it indeed! The entire region is glowing so hot now I wouldn’t even hazard a guess.  You really need a before and after comparison as I understand it.  93 ang might show better detail.  Doesn’t really matter this is definitely one of our better shots in quite awhile for a mid X class CME that isn’t on the limb. btw I wasn’t aware this hadn’t shown dimming. Thanks @mozy

Edited by hamateur 1953

7 minutes ago, mozy said:

You wont have post flare arcades with an event that's not eruptive.

really? :o so the eruption "creates" the arcades and not the flare? The name is misleading then! :D 

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

really? :o so the eruption "creates" the arcades and not the flare? The name is misleading then! :D 

I don't think It's that misleading, the eruptions are usually associated with flares within sunspots, and they appear after an eruptive event.

New big flare ongoing

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mozy said:

I don't think It's that misleading, the eruptions are usually associated with flares within sunspots, and they appear after an eruptive event.

spaceweather is hard in terminology because the different phenomena are often closely tied together or associated with. :D I love it though. 

2 minutes ago, Justanerd said:

Can we get to x??? Please!

nope - just can’t get there 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Tease-fest

• Like 1