AR3663

Is it normal for SOHO to not show new frames for that long? Kinda want to see the CME now, although STEREO kinda hinted something going north, so my hopes for something good are goin a lil down. 

27 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Sdo down for you too ?:(

When I check the NASA site for it it still works fine

4 minutes ago, SamDieGurke said:

Is it normal for SOHO to not show new frames for that long? Kinda want to see the CME now, although STEREO kinda hinted something going north, so my hopes for something good are goin a lil down. 

When I check the NASA site for it it still works fine

Can you link me the nasa site? I use the sdo primary one and it’s down. :( 

and yes. Lasco can be a pain to deal with due to its slow updates, I remember waiting more than a day for new data. I believe I have read something about cycles with lasco, sometimes the downlink goes faster on certain days. According to Stereo most of the CME goes north.

Update: SDO is working again :) 

im a bit confused by solens update today.

"The magnetic delta configuration in the central spot section is unusually strong and further major flares are likely, there's even a chance of an X10+ flare"  

To me it looked better yesterday (the delta) ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

It looked indeed better yesterday but still a very nice magnetic layout with plenty of delta's

is it still the "line" from yesterday or new pop ups ? :) 

2 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

SOHO LASCO imagery seems to be down currently and we are getting imagery from the future.

20260601_0118_c3.png

haha :D  Yesterday, sdo showed me 2 year old frames.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

SOHO LASCO imagery seems to be down currently and we are getting imagery from the future.

20260601_0118_c3.png

It must be a warning from John Titor about some apocalyptic event. The end is nigh!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jesterface23 said:

20260601_0118_c3.png

SOHO will be retired by 2025 and replaced by GOES-U with a much better and modern coronagraph just letting you guys know. 😎

• Cool 1

17 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

SOHO will be retired by 2025 and replaced by GOES-U with a much better and modern coronagraph just letting you guys know. 😎

do you perhaps know when in 2025? will it be immediatly usable then? 😮 

Well, for the M9 CME all I can do is try to use STEREO A for calculations. All I'd be willing to to go with is an arrival at the start of the 7th +-12 hours. Maybe slower than the X-class flare CME, but that's about all I can say right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jesterface23 said:

Well, for the M9 CME all I can do is try to use STEREO A for calculations. All I'd be willing to to go with is an arrival at the start of the 7th +-12 hours. Maybe slower than the X-class flare CME, but that's about all I can say right now.

Does anyone know why Lasco data is behind SO much? ~24h is really alot. 

Pretty long M3 flare is taking place right now. Stays longer above M1 level than the recent X and almost X flare. This region looks eruptive, so likely something more may come during this rapid fire window of approaching CMEs. Every night for the next few days will be interesting. :)

9 minutes ago, libmar96 said:

Pretty long M3 flare is taking place right now. Stays longer above M1 level than the recent X and almost X flare. This region looks eruptive, so likely something more may come during this rapid fire window of approaching CMEs. Every night for the next few days will be interesting. :)

i dont know if the most recent m flare was eruptive

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

Hopefully it's up and functioning in time to take in this cycles solar max in 2025 (*she says knowing she's causing at least a few eye twitches*)

Edited by StargazingHippy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

M3 doesnt look eruptive.. and oh my another big flare incoming it seems

Flare seems to have stopped at M7.1?

Nevermind rising again

Ok now that it's dropping M9.1 seems to be peak (if i interpret the spwc graph correctly), again so close to X flare :<

Edited by SamDieGurke
Flare decided to go boom again